Wish List for Modpack 8 and up

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Oct 30, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

I read that at some point the Mods are going to stop coming :( (outrageous anyone would think these people had/wanted lives :) ) so I just wondered if you could get any NC added to the game what would it be?

Just off the top of my head:

Additional Character Classes (maybe prestige classes)
    A side quest to follow the adventuring party to the idol with the gem eyes
    End of story details as to how the NC has changed the world (for better or worse)
    Hand Crossbows for the Drow (and Drow armour) - just because :)

Anyone else got any suggestions?

I would just like to make it clear that I'm hugely grateful, and admiring, of what we've already got this is just a fantasy wishlist nothing more ;)

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

1 is not possible, 2 is, 3 is actually planned at some point through endslides, 4 possible.

The main reason the modpack is going to end with v8 is that, well, it has to end sometime. ;) That doesn't mean that Co8 will cease to exist, just that the modpack will be finished. Who knows what else we might do?

3. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

Thank you for responding :) this was never meant to be more than an opportunity for wild speculation and extravagant additions to the NC

My wild ideas obviously not wild enough :raving:

I shall have to try harder :evil_laug

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

My wish list for Co8 would have to be a refining of the marvelous work the Shining One, ( hats off to Ted) had done in creating KotB and bringing it up to the high standard TOEE is presented at.

Other than that maybe ... Ionis76 making a memorial set of miniatures depicting the Co8 sealing the Temple with a large number 8.

Get it ... Version eight seals the deal? ;)

5. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

How about 1: an evil npc spell caster,2:revenge encounters when you misslead the elven prisoners or kill off and sell the good princes item's, 3:abel to "bluff" your way into other alignment threds,4:"turn up" higher level encounters (10th level+).Like the 5.0 encounters(I miss fighting the sea of ogre's and the "tribe's of giants,ettens:yes:

6. tom

tom Established Member

A multi level dungeon crawl, made up of a top levels of open terrain and then repeating levels made of a mosaic of underground caves and rooms.

The top level contains a teleport that gives access to the world map were levels with a teleport are listed. The deep 1, the deep 4, etc.

Use ten areas for each level. Randomly mix the areas up for the first ten underground levels. Each level contains a ladder that reaches to the next level down. Three out of the first ten levels contain a teleport.

Once the first ten levels are mapped shuffle the levels around then use them for the next ten levels.

Shuffle again for the next ten levels. And so on.

Generate a list of random monsters using a random encounter creation table. Use increasingly high level tables. Populate the layers.

A few chests per layer. and or piles of bones and goodies.

Throw in the odd themed layer.

run a survey for top ten themes!

If it is possible to clone NPCs copy them , Limit their scripts to sell, buy, heal, fight. And scatter them about Liberally.

7. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Sounds like the old Intellivision D&D classic Treasure of Tarim...:thumbsup:

8. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

I like Toms' wish.

9. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Something else, how about a welkwood respawn where wathel is a real lich.Have him kidnap kent or ami.The party would have to kill him and rescue the child alive.

10. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Mathel not "Wathel"

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Gaear was proposing to move all the new content stuff until after the temple in which case Mathel could be a proper Lich the first time round in which case all the programmed illusions would be justifiable.

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Shhhhhh .... be very very quite, we're hunting Wathels.

[​IMG]

13. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

"A side quest to follow the adventuring party to the idol with the gem eyes"

I was always VERY intrigued by a side adventure wrapped around said encounter!

As a possible dungeon, would be fun a multilevel one with different types of levels. I.E. a level where magic is pretty much useless, another totally the opposite, one heavily deffended another one not so much but with LOTS of traps, and so on..... Would make a party use different tactics, characters, etc..... Jes' dreamin' :)

14. rpgguy

rpgguy Member

I would like to see more shops with more items - I don't like it that the crafting feats are so mandatory, crafting feats should exist so you could convert xp to gold and not make some items unobtainable without such feats.

Also adding some unique items for sale that could not be crafted at all could be nice ( for a high price )

In P&P D&D there is no limit to what you can do with your gold but in most computer games there is a point that you reach where gold becomes useless - I like games that when you finish them you still have some unbought items due to lack of gold ( and all that without using gold to craft )

15. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I disagree- IMHO adventurers do what they do for the XP, not the gold. Crafting introduces a trade-off whereby XP can be expended to produce better gear to earn even more XP, gold is fuel for this process. If you are crafting items to sell for money you're doing it wrong in my book- magic items of any significance should not be openly for sale at all in PnP (where do NPC crafters in magic item factories get their XP from? Battery-farmed kobolds?). In cRPGs it's different as there's no DM to tailor treasure to ehat the party is interested in, and shops exist to offer a degree of choice.

Our Host!