Where to get a SAFE no cd hack?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaBigDawgND, Oct 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

I went out to astalavista.com and found a no cd hack for ToEE but the bloody thing had a spyware attached, just spent 2 hours finding all of the files and deleting them. Any advice where I can get one without a apyware hidden in the background?:help:

And do I install the no cd hack before or after installing Co8?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Try reading the Common Issues and Solutions thread for a hint as to where you can grab the working no-cd (at least you could have, some time ago). Keep in mind though that the Circle of Eight does not host any no-cd(s) and does not support the use of no-cd cracks, so if you get one and it doesn't work for you, wipes all the data on your hard disk, fills your PC with spyware or other trash, we are not responsible in any way. If you are using an unlicensed version of the game, do yourself a favor and grab an official one (it's available for cheap today). If you're using a no-cd crack because you're experiencing CD issues,you're kinda on your own here. The question about no-cds was asked and answered a bunch of times before, and therefore was sent to the Common Issues and Solutions thread for people to look at. ;)

The thread is here.
    I think you need to read post 5.

Hope it helps.

- Agetian

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

In addition to Agetian's reply, I'd add that you need the no-cd crack for patch 2 and to apply it after patch 2 but before Co8.

We only mention the no-cd crack because of the problems many users have with the secure-rom protection with legitimate copies. This issue has been raised many times and search is always a useful tool to discover advice to those who have legitimate copies of the game and were having issues in the past.

Our Host!