where is the worldmap_ui_paths.bin please?

Discussion in 'Maps, Textures, and Graphics' started by ioannis76, Dec 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Hello, I am currently trying to make my way through the modding tools, I fugre that the first thing I have to do is make a new world map. I ran a search for the file worldmap_ui_paths.bin, which is apparently necessary to build a world, but it could not be found.
    Is it possible to build a world (strategic map) without using this file?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The worldmap_ui_paths.bin file defines the paths between two locations on the worldmap (the red dots to show the path you have travelled). Adding new area's and worldmap buttons for them are all hardcoded (I wanted to add a new game.area to the worldmap myself, but can't hack the temple.dll).

I have used a workaround to get to and back from my new town (Teleport via dialogue) but there is no way (appart from a lot of clever scripting) to get a random encounter while travelling in this manner.

Oh and it is in the data/mes file - but you need to extract it (with Zanes dat extractor) from the .dat files first.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  3. ioannis76

Thank you, Allyx.

4. ioannis76

OK, I have extrcated all the files using Zane's Toeextract and loaded the files that are needed for the world builder to work. I still can't find the worldmap_ui_paths.bin, though.

From the info imparted by Allyx, I understand that it's not essential to create a place. Is this so?

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It is in ToEE1.dat. Once you have extracted that, it will be in TOEE1\art\interface\WORLDMAP_UI. Of course, like Allyx said, the actuall map locations (Homlett, Nulb, the Temple, etc.) are all hard coded, and we have yet to find a way to add new ones. So the short answer is that you don't need to do anything with worldmap_ui_paths.bin, because you can't add a new place to the worldmap anyway. You can make new maps and travel to and from them via scripting and dialog. That is what Allyx is doing.

6. ioannis76

ok, everything looks fine now, thanks everyone. I'll try to start modding ASAP!

Our Host!