What's On Your Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Sep 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

In another blatant community activation maneuver, I'd like to ask each of you what games, if any and aside from ToEE, you're playing at the moment.

(I assume that we've all got some form of ToEE and its mods installed at all times.)

I'm playing (gasp!) . . . Grand Theft Auto: Vice City! It's fun in a mindless sort of way, very visceral. One thing I can't stand is its saved game implementation however. You can only save after "missions." So if you go on some 20 minute "mission" and end up getting killed at the end, you have to replay. And replay. And replay. Very aggravating. :anger:

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You ought to give GTA: San Andreas a try. Aspiring thugs everywhere swear by it. :no:

On the shelf & on the HD...NWN, BG1+ToSC, BG2+ToB, IWD, IWD2, WC2, WC3, Diablo (all incarnations), Janes F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Fighter's Anthology, Star Fleet Command, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, (and XWvsTF), Battleship, Axis & Allies, European Air War, and F-22 Lightning.

And of course, ToEE.

I've had plenty of others, but these are the ones I've got left.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

On my hardrive now:

ToEE (of course - 2 instalations)
    Thief: Deadly Shadows
    Hitman - Codename 47
    Max Payne
    Warcraft III
    Warcraft III - Frozen Throne
    Half Life 2
    Dungeon Siege 2 Demo
    DragonShard Demo
    Bards Tale Demo

The only one I'm currently playing is ToEE. I haven't started Hitman yet, and I got about halfway through Thief before I got distracted by other things (like playing ToEE again). All the rest I've finished. I was just thinking today that I should uninstall some of these and free up some space on my hard drive.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ok I've got:

Toee 'toffee' Obviously, The Sum of all Fears, Fellowship of the Ring, Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction expansion, NWN + Shadows of Undrentide & Hordes of Darkness expansions, CSI: Dark Motives, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, The Sims + On Holiday & House Party expansions, The Sims 2, Sim City 4, Grand theft auto + GTA London expansion, Colin Mcrae Rally, The Settlers 4, Arcanum (demo version), Championship Manager 00 - 01.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Doom 2
    shogun totalwar
    had but lost medieval totalwar
    C&C tiberian sun - I never play it tho.

6. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Not much, I'm afraid...
    FATE (which I rarely play) and Soldat (which I almost never play now).
    No ToEE.

P.S. Shogun is a great game. Has cool music too.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  7. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Umm... let's see... (one line = one folder)

* ToEE (playable installation)
    * ToEE (debug installation, for testing toeewb/toeesg issues)
    * ToEE (debug installation 2, specifically configured to test things with ToEEFE)
    * ToEE (all extracted DAT files)
    * ToEE (all utilities from co8.org)
    * ToEE World Builder (~100MB debug installation with source code, with all supplementary files and version control, with all test MOB/SEC/SVB files, and much much more... can you believe it's 100MB?? Well, yes, it is)
    * ToEE Supplements (various patches, texts, blueprints, and whatnot :))
    * Arcanum (I don't play it though, it's mostly used for ToEE-related experiments)

All things ToEEish together take well over 10GB of space. If you add Arcanum to this category, it goes as high as ~12GB.

Besides ToEE... well, I have Thief: Deadly Shadows installed (I love this game and Thief series in general), also - installed GTA San Andreas but didn't try it out yet. No other games are installed atm, the rest of my HDD is taken with different software, including various programming languages (a full install of ActivePython v2.4.1 with well over 40 custom libraries comes to mind, takes ~300MB).

- Agetian

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, as I have mentioned I have a TNT2 card, so I am currently hamstrung - Bf1942 and Desert Combat lie idle - but other than ToEE I play CounterStrike and DoD, and have Dungeon Siege installed for when U5:Lazarus is finished. O and the occasional blat at Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy mods and user-made levels.

9. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

dungeon siege (also for U5: lazarus)
    diablo II: LOD
    cave wars
    syndicate
    syndicate wars
    toee
    jedi outcast
    commandos 2
    most of the gold box series
    total annihilation
    ultima 1 - 9
    divine divinity
    beyond divinity
    alice
    pool of radiance 2 (what a load of crap that is)
    judge dredd vs death
    alien vs predator
    gunman chronicles
    planescape: torment
    the dreamweb
    BG 1&2 + expansions and various mods
    legend
    drakkan
    bladerunner
    dark sun 1 & 2
    GTA 2
    X-COM 1 & 2
    X-Wing alliance
    Wing Commander 3 - 5
    Privateer 1 & 2

uhh... i think that's it lol

[EDIT]
    the only games i'm actually playing ATM though are the goldbox games to pass time and toee when i'm fiddling around with the world builder.

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I see DS & DS2 mentioned here a few times . . . I tried DS2 recently and was mildly disgusted. I remember having decent if banal fun with the original, but the new one reminded me of the first's shortcomings, while departing from its sole point of appeal (quick immersion based on little user input) by making it more difficult to play, thus destroying the one likeable element. :roll: Now its a somewhat sophisticated system of clicking on monsters to destroy them after clicking on on-screen "skills" listed on some tab to "power up." The main point is clicking though. See a monster you want dead? Click on it. See . . . oh I don't know . . . another monster you want dead? Click on it. And so on.

Plus, get this, they switched the click from left mouse button to right mouse button. So now, in DS2, the button that every other game uses to access sub-menus, etc. is now used to attack. Very confusing.

Click, click, click.

12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

DS was amusing for a while, but towards the end it was rather tedious and boring. Kill a bunch of things, collect loot, equip the best stuff, sell the rest. Combine that with a very linear map. DS2 is more of the same, and the new special ability system is a to complex for a realtime game. But they have added actual quests, which is a plus, and the game is not quiet so linear anymore. You can also reverse the mouse buttons, so you can attack with the left one. Still, I doubt if I will be buying it. It is better than Dragonshard.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I rented Demonstone for the PS2, the other day (the box said £3.99 - the computer said £1.00) and was still disapointed. I was expecting something more than just another button bash/hack'n'slash, If I wanted one of those I could've just played LotR Two Tower's or Return of the King (I have both of those already), and can you beleive it Demonstone has the same level advancement system, same dodgy camera angles, same button combinations for "special moves" as the LotR games.

14. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Toee with the teds and shop mods et al.
    turbo C++
    VB
    java

darkstone and the assorted player quest
    bg 1 and 2 and expansions and mods
    diablo 2 and exp
    arcanum
    humans 1-3(still some great p[uzzles)
    wizards and warriors
    dungeon master 1-3 and the new java versions
    Hexx
    wizardry 8
    guild wars
    darksun shattered lands
    bards tale
    wasteland
    master of magic
    NWN
    planscsape torment

assorted prog tools

and a second comp with sosa unix
    BSDi dev pack..
    vms
    fortran 4 and a pen plotter ..
    etc.. geeky stuff

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  15. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Undead Chosen One

On My HDD:

Fallout 1 & 2 with all possible mod's, tools and so on... (Mercenary Mod playing now)
    GTA SA (I had pass all missions, but not yet win many of the street races - well, I'm not a good driver... I mean... a comp-driver :beer: )
    Homeworld 2 (I just love those full-3D "space opera" strategy - May the Enlight Of Saajuk and The Ancestors protect the Universe...)
    Half Life 2 (passed already, waiting for add-on - Grodon Freeman Rulez!)
    Wizardry 8 (passed already, but I love to come back to this game - the 8-Characters teams it's that what I love in cRPG the most. And remember - beware of Dark Savant :ninja: )
    Warhammer 40.000 Dawn of War ("Those, who had fallen, shall be forever remember as Imperial finest!" ... "SPACE MARINES!!! SPACE MARINES!!!" ... "To da Skayz, boooyyz!!!" ... "The Seer Council has sent me!") - I like this game, because a have a sentiment to this all modeling-strategy game (for a short period of time I was a "colector" - the "Lord Of The Rings" one - but now, when I'm at uniwersity - I, unfortunately, haven't many free time for this...)
    Medieval: Total War with some mod's (also this, which is giving opportunity to play as a Pope - hovever, I always prefer to destroy The Papal States in this game :rock:)

and of course ToEE with many Co8 stuff :rock:

...and on the shelf:

Fallout Tactics (with some mod, additional maps, weapons etc), The Wasteland, some Forgotten Realms crpg (without NWN), Planescape Torment, GTA series (without GTA 3 and London) some older NFS series, Haegemonia: LEgions of Steel, Homeworld 1, Civilisation and Civ: Call To Power series, North & South, Starcraft, Diablo series, Wizardry 7, Vampire The Masquarade: Redemption (some mods, too), Carmageddon: Carapocalipse Now, Total Annihilation (with some net-released add-ons - like new units, maps and so on), The Corsairs... and of course The Pirates (gold edition - for PC), Unreal & Unreal Tournament (Dark Streets rulez), HL, Mortyr, Castle Wolfenstein

Our Host!