What the heck??

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaBigDawgND, Nov 26, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

I have just killed off Hedrack and his cronies. Went back to my house in Nulb and got rested up. I was on my way to Verbobonc and I was stopped by the elven princess that gives us the platnium and the chain mail. I go back to the world map and select verbobonc again and the game CTD? I have it clear the game cache on start up checked, and upto this point I have had absolutely no problems with the game. Is there something that I did wrong? Thanx for your time.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

umm can you remove the spoiler in your post please- why you're going to verbobonc, I don't think its sposed public knowledge yet.

it may have been the random encounter breaking the world map path, maybe if you went somewhere else instead of verbobonc after the encounter it might not CTD :shrug:

3. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

Ok I have tried going to other areas and when I get to them the game CTD's. My guess is that the saved game is trashed then.

Does delete_pyc help with problems like this. Ya know kinda clean things up a bit?

I have also cleared out all of my temp files.

Any other suggestions would be most helpful.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Deleting the .pyc's is usually a good idea after you've added a new mod or CMF, I suspect the problem is caused by some broken code in the random encounter py file, but I don't know for sure.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Broken code in random_encounter.py wouldn't cause this. It would cause something weird just before or at the begining of the encounter, not a CTD upon changing maps after the encounter. My guess is a corrupt protos entry for one of the things the Elven Retainer gives you.

Our Host!