What games did you beat/do you play/are you looking forward to play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agetian, Oct 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

What games are you currently playing and what games are you looking forward to play in the nearest/far future? I'm not limiting you to CRPGs, you can post any genre you want.
    Also, what games did you beat recently?

The games that I beat recently (earlier this year):
    System Shock 2 - a first person RPG/action.
    Thief: Deadly Shadows - a first person stealthy action, I beat it for the 5th time.
    Ultima 7 and Ultima 7 Part 2 - real classics that I replayed using the Exult engine.

The games I currently play (mostly real oldies):
    Temple of Elemental Evil (obviously) - RPG
    Sonic Mega Collection Plus - old 2D arcade collection (games from early 90s)
    Sonic Adventure DX - a 3d version of Sonic released in 2003
    Golden Axe 1-3 - old Sega Genesis 16-bit arcades
    Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (with Wake of Gods mod) - old strategy with a great fan mod
    FIFA 07 - a modern soccer game that just got released

Also, from time to time I download new pinball tables for Visual and Future Pinball engines and play them with my friends.

Games I'm looking forward to play or at least will check out:

1) Temple of Elemental Evil: Keep on the Borderlands - any alpha, beta, private edition, demo, or final release when it's available.

2) Neverwinter Nights 2, but only in case it's going to be at least as fun as KoTOR2 was and Obsidian lives up to its name again. If it's going to be another cheap Atari release I'm not going to play, let alone buy it.

3) Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Episode Three when they get released.

4) Unreal Tournament 2007 if it has at least as many and as great options as ut2004 had.

I think that's about it.

- Agetian

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Games beaten recently:

ToEE (when I'm not modding it).
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
    MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe Series
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Games currently playing:

ToEE
    Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - just got off the boat at the beginning of the game.
    The Sims 2 (with University, Night Life, Open for Business expansions and Family Fun Stuff stuff pack)
    MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe Series
    Eve-Online
    World of Warcraft

Looking forward to playing:

Eve-Online (If I had the money to spare for the month's subscription, I'd be playing now)
    NWN2 (I hope they release a playable demo soon, so I can decide if its worth buying)
    Lego Starwars II: The Original Trilogy (I bought the first one, it's a good laugh to play)
    KotB (really looking forward to this one)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  3. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Recently beat:

Civ4 (well, I beat it the only way you can, by uninstalling it :help: :) )
    Halo (I'd never played it, so picked it up for $10 on Amazon. Really enjoyed this one)
    Star Wars: Battlefront II (surprisingly enjoyable, and I have a 7-year-old son, so we played together. And really, absurdly, replayable)
    Medieval:TW (for the umpteenth time)

Currently playing:
    toee
    Medieval II demo (probably not going to buy it at least not for a while because RL is telling me to put the games down for a bit, but it does look fun. I play it as close to turn-based as possible by using frequent pauses)
    Axis & Allies (pbem with an old friend)
    might still load up Halo &/or Battlefront II now and then

Looking forward to:
    NWN2 (maybe, I'll give it some time to see a: how buggy and b: how it's received (esp. based on the reactions here))
    kotb (no-brainer)
    Half-Life (yep, I've never played this one either. I have the platinum edition sitting on my shelf, and I'll install in once this recent spate of RL demands recedes)

This is a thread I really look forward to hearing from other people on.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Beat Recently: ToEE, Oblivion

Playing now: ToEE

All time faves: Daggerfall, Morrowind, BG1&2, IWD2, Wizardry VII, Civilization I&II, Warlords II & III, Master of Magic, Arcanum, ToEE

Looking forwrd to playing: Not much at the moment. I like my RPGs single player and when possible turn based. There's nothing like that out there right now, and I don't know of any coming soon. I may try the newest BG TuTu romances some time soon; I made some items for the mod back when it was starting, and it was finally finished a year or so ago. Of course I'm looking forward to KotBL

5. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Ahh, a fine subject Agetian:yes:

Games beaten recently:

TOEE (again, this time to both have fun with the new additions, and also see where my floating text banter may work)
    Arx Fatalis (for the 3rd time)
    Arcanum.

Games currently playing:

TOEE (yes, again lol)
    Rome Total war with Europa Barbarorum mod installed
    Knights of Legend (Old Origin RPG)
    Conquest of the Aegean

Age of Decadence (This is on my hit list. Just google it and have a look, you won't be disappointed. If you enjoy a fine TBC RPG)
    Neverwinter nights 2....if its any good
    Medieval total war 2
    Gothic 3
    Keep on the borderland (again, on the top of the hit list).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  6. Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer Established Member

Games beaten ?

Hm, far too few. I don't really know why, but I'm relatively easily frustrated.

The latest RPGs I beated recently :

- Summoner
    - Beyond Divinity
    - Nox (was playing this with really big pauses from the year 2002 !)
    - Divine Divinity

Currently playing (overall, not only RPGs) :

- Beyond Good & Evil (a real gem !)
    - The Longest Journey (another gem)
    - Tropico (still one of my favourite games somehow)
    - Gothic 1 (I think I'll start it a third time when I've finally got a new PC)
    - Pools of Radiance ( I honestly don't like that game much, but I really really want to finish it one day)
    - PS:T (I'll start it on a new PC anew just in order to finish it - same goes for BG1)
    - Siege of Avalon (which is kept alife by a small, but very good group of modders)
    - HOMM III (complete version)
    - the Realms of Arcania game "Startrail", which is still my favourite RPG. It even beats PS:T in my very personal ranking.
    - TOEE

Looking forward to :

Drakensang, the first RPG (after two failed attempts because of developers going out of business) that implements the rules of Germany's most popular RPG system, the Dark Eye. http://www.thedarkeyerpg.com/

The first games for this system were the Realms of Arcania trilogy : Blade of Destiny, Startrail and Shadows over Riva.

LMK, which had the name "The Lady, the Mage and the Knight", and the German title "Legenden der Magierkriege" failed because Larian Studios (makers of Divinity) and Attic (makers of the Realms of Arcania trilogy) split, with Attic going out of business. Guido Henkel of Attic was one of the development team for PS:T. This had led to the German saying that "every RPG Guido Henkel works with becomes a good RPG". ;)

The second failed attempt was the game Armalion, which was only quite shortly before completion closed because developer Ikarion went out of business.
    The remains of this full-blown RPG were bought by Ascaron and they made Sacred out of it. I'm still sad about it. Insiders familiar with the Dark Eye RPG system can still spot remains of Armalion in it. The black-robed cult members for example were in Armalion priests of the (friendly, of course) god of sleep an death, Boron. Signs of other gods of this system can still be found in a few places, and NPCs had different roles in the original Armalion game.

So now after almost 10 years this is the first *real* game for that system. I think I would exaggerate if I said kind of an earthquake ran through the community of Germany's Dark Eye players, but to me it felt this way.

Since it's very early now, no-one can say what kind of game this might become. The goal of the devs Radon Labs is, to make kind of an "Baldur's Gate game for the Dark Eye system" or so, meaning the game mechanics, not the story itself (and not the rule system, of course).

This the only game I'm really waiting for.

7. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

Games beaten recently:

Techmo Superbowl

Games currently playing:

TOEE
    Counter Strike...the original
    Dungeon Siege 2
    NWN 1

Neverwinter nights 2...MSU has a class that is using the toolset to make modules.
    Keep on the borderland

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Games Beaten Recently:

Jedi Knight (endlessly replayable)
    U5:Lazarus
    Never actually finished U7 - Serpent Isle: and I came so close...
    Never actually finished Pool of Radiance either: killed the dragon, but then the pool seemed to vanish or something? :confused:

Currently Playing:

ToEE
    CounterStrike
    Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith
    Scorched Earth (fits on a floppy!)

Favourites:

Civ 1 & 2
    Jedi Outcast
    Day of Defeat
    BF1942 and Add-ons
    Call of Duty
    Any and all Ultimas

Looking forward to:

KotB (looking forward to driving a stake through its chest and dragging it into the sunlight, that is - WHY WON'T IT DIE!?!??!)
    Mostly looking forward to getting some new gear so I can play anything more advanced that CounterStrike ;)

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Wow! You guys play lots of games. I've mostly given them up. I haven't bought a new one in ages, it seems. Takes away too much from other hobbies (kayaking), I guess. Now, a few years ago, it woulda been quite different. So - let's get me back on topic here with games:

NWN + Supplements
    ToEE
    Baldur's Gate I & II + Supplements
    Diablo I & II + Expansions

I love Air Combat sims, too, but only if you don't really have to know how to fly a real jet to play. Piston engine flight stuff lacks the power I'd gotten used to. Of these, Jane's stuff is a favorite, especially the Fighter's Anthology. Also, got into TIE Fighter & X-Wing way back when...and played throught the first Star Fleet Command game quite a bit. Every now & again I drag out the Air/Space combat stuff to keep up the hand/eye coordination.

New stuff? I'm only waiting for KotB, really.

Kayaking...I've logged more than a few miles on a good many rivers, lakes, inlets & an ocean, to include:

Lynches River
    Little Pee Dee River
    Lower Edisto River
    Congaree River
    Lower Saluda River
    Broad River
    Black Creek
    Big Pine Tree Creek & Millpond
    Lake Murray
    Lake Juniper
    Forest Lake
    Lake Oakdale & Middle Swamp
    Murrel's Inlet
    Atlantic Ocean

Takes up a lot of potential computer game time...

10. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Playing ToEE 5.0.2 now, at least to level 4. I love Medal of Honor, all series, and Call of Duty(all). I'm not a very good game player and I die a lot, but I enjoy the entertainment value. It took me forever to finish Medal of Honor, Allied Assault. It takes me awhile, but eventually, I can win the game. I may never finish Call of Duty 2. It's hard. Never got very far into NWN, and haven't gone back. ToEE is much better.

11. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Ted: You finished Pool of Radiance. You get to stick the bad guy for good (I think he is finally killed anyway) in the next game in the series: Curse of the Azure bonds.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

See, I started that but never got far - must go back and give it a go :)

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hmm lets see now

GAMES BEATEN:

Baulders Gate, all of them
    Eye of the Beholder, old game
    Curse of the Azure Bonds, another old game
    Icewind Dale II
    FF7
    Shadow Hearts Covenent
    Van Helsing
    Pool of Radiance, the original i never finished the new one.
    Mechwarrior 2, 3 & pirates moon, 4 (vengence, black knight & mercenaries)
    Mechcommander 1&2
    ToEE
    Civ CTP 1 &2
    Civ 3&4

GAMES CURRENTLY PLAYING:

Civ 4 warlords
    ToEE
    Mechwarrior 4 mercenaries
    Icewind Dale II
    Mechcommander 2
    Shadow Hearts Covenent
    Van Helsing

GAMES IM LOOKING FOWARD TO PLAYING:

ToEE KotB

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

TOEEFE of course, NWN2 wich imho is a very good game, but you better be ready to upgrade your pc. Oblivion for pc, LotR Battle for Middle Earth II, and Titan Quest, with an occasional side trip to Baldur's Gate Tales of the Sword Coast.

15. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

If you haven't tried it yet, BG TuTu followed by B2:SoA and ToB, with the full set of romance and NPC mods makes for an overwhelmingly cool gaming experience. Still my personal favorite, and one I might repeat in a few years.

Our Host!