Weapon Finesse problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Vasiliy, Jan 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Vasiliy

Vasiliy Member

Hi

I have halfling rogue PC. Gave him Weapon Finesse feat.
    In description is that it allows use Dex modifier instead Str for light weapon and rapier. It works for dagger, but does not work for rapier. Why???

PC has -2 Str modifier and +3 Dex modifier.

Thanks

2. Vurt

Vurt Member

I think for a halfling the rapier is considered a one-handed weapon instead of a light weapon, and is thus no longer finessable. Try the same thing with a human rogue and see what happens.

Cheers,
    Vurt

3. tkmjicw

tkmjicw Member

I had the same problem with my halfling rouge.

The detailed feat description says "with a light weapon or rapier made for creature of your size category"

So you would need a halfling-sized rapier for the feat to work. Not sure if you can find one or not...I'm still looking and using my crossbow in the meantime.

I believe this is a bug, because when I created my halfling rouge he came with a rapier...can't remember exactly how I did this, but I think it was because I selected weapon proficiency with a rapier. Anyway...it obviously isn't a rapier made for a small-sized creature because my Weapon Finesse also does not work. But, it SHOULD have been a small rapier...

Anyway, you're not alone.

4. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

You are assuming there are small rapiers.

I have yet to find kukris, yet the Brady Games' manual states you can get them. No luck with any patches either.

Stick with a Halfling Siagham or shortsword. I guess you will have to work within the framwork given. The trick is knowing how to maximize what you have and how to use it.

5. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

The kukri is coded in protos.tab and description.mes:
    {4216}{Kukri}
    but AFAIK was not put in the game proper.

You can use the console to access it to have a look. Or enable it in start_equipment.mes for a particular class which you want.

Our Host!