Weapon Bugs

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Sol Invictus, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Just a tiny bug I'd like you guys to know about:
    the Cleaver you get from Fruella doesn't seem to require any sort of proficiency whatsoever and moreover, does not penalize you for using it - even if you're a wimpy mage with no martial weapons abilities.

How nasty is that?

Possible ways to fix this:
    We'll have to dig into the PROTO.TAB thing for this, I think - and perhaps change the weapon type to require Longswords as a proficiency.

note: this is not high on our 'to fix' list.

Also, the sword you get from Melany's father for marrying her is a +3 Holy Longsword. That ain't right.

Possible ways to fix this:
    Change his dialogue so he gives a +1 Longsword

note: it's very easy to do :)

2. Glamis

Glamis Member

I think axe/battle axe would be a better proficiency for the cleaver, no?

Regarding the +3 Holy Longsword: YIKES! That is definitely a little much just for marrying some tawdry scamp in piddly old Hommlet!

3. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

The +3 to +1 shouldn't be a problem.

I'll take a look at this after I make dinner... :)

(now that the stoopid Item ID's are out, I need to get crackin... I wanna do more than just build this release :)
    )

nw

4. Horad

Horad Member

After killing some folks in Nulb I acquired two daggers, a +1 and a dagger of Venom, I identified them, and went to see about selling 'em. The Venom had a value of 1gp and change, the +1 was going for something like 1200gp's!

5. olaf

olaf Member

FWIW, Weapon Focus/Spec Handaxe affects the Cleave positively. Its not a light weapon though, and anyone can use it w/o penalty as you said.

You can also get two of them from the Temple, maybe more, as drops from normal creatures.

olaf

6. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Weapon Finesse doesn't work for magical weapons and these weapons revert to the Strength modiier rather than the WEapon finesse modifier like they are supposed to. This is really annoying and makes rogues rather gimped.

7. Glamis

Glamis Member

Shortsword bug: Masterwork shortswords do not appear to be affected by weapon finess and/or weapon focus (shortsword).

Rapier bug: The game does not treat them as light weapons for offwielding purposes.

8. Vermin

Vermin Member

A rapier is not a light weapon, it is a one-handed weapon. It can however be finessed even though it isn't light, it's one of the exceptions. Sounds to me like it's working as it should.

9. olaf

olaf Member

I'd like to see Weapon Finesse changed in game to be faithful to the 3.5 implementation of it.

For whatever reason I thought a Rapier was considered a light weapon also, in the PnP rules anyway. I just checked though, and its not.

On the other side of weapons, the masterwork/enchanted armor armor check penalty bug is damn annoying as well.

olaf

10. Miravlix

Miravlix Member

The Rapier is a medium weapon (damage), but has some light weapon features.

From 3.5 rules:

Rapier: You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a rapier sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon for you. You can’t wield a rapier in two hands in order to apply 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus to damage.

I also believe it can be used as a light weapon for dual wielding, but maybe thats 3.0 rules and not 3.5.

11. Xma

Xma Member

Anyone to fix Dagger of Venom's CTD ?

Our Host!