War of the Golden Skull bug...?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by birdman, Oct 13, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. birdman

birdman Member

so i received the mission from the adventurer, waited the requisite days and started the quest. i defeated all the mobs, patrols groups. went back to the adventurer and he tells me i still need to finish the town attack mob and the nw patrol mob. i go back out and there is no one on the map that is not my party. but i cant finish the quest because the adventurer cannot count. if i rest then he tells me i an an idiot and lazy and all the townsfolk were captured. how do i resolve this issue?

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

2 things:
    First: sometimes there is a random survivor hidden or stuck somewhere (I had to schlep all the way from the church back to the bottom left corner in the middle of jerkstop to kill someone who was trapped behind a fence post and thus couldn't come towards me to be killed- had to initiate combat with a holy smite then move everyone in combat mode, IIRC.
    Second possibilty: TOEE sometimes spawns these mobs incorrectly for some reason- resurrecting a downed foe to kill them again has been reported to help this!

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Download the 7.4.1 patch.

4. Jorsan

Jorsan Member

I have the same problem. I updated the newest patch before starting the event.

I have also searched the whole area several times. Can`t find a stuck/hidden mob anywhere :(
    And I have overwritten all the saves to after the event started. I have also tried to rest but nothing happen then, so I am stuck in the event.

What else can I do? I don`t want to start a new game again.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The patch should fix the issue. Did you actually activate it by clicking addons in the front end with 7.4.0 active and selecting 7.4.1 from the list? It will go through a routine similar to regular module activation.

6. Jorsan

Jorsan Member

I have, but I think the bug is still there since I don`t have any saves before I started the War of the Golden skull event. I`ve restored some earlier saves, lost 10 levels but will try to see if it made any difference.

Our Host!