Verbobonc plot line/ending?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by beluga25, Jun 29, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. beluga25

beluga25 Member

Hi--

Having been (pleasantly) inundated by tons of New Content info in numerous guides/threads, etc. I'm still not catching on to one very basic thing. Is there any overarching story line in the new content or is it just a matter of doing the various sets of quests?

If so, how do you know you're done?
    I see Hickory Branch, Moathouse respawn, etc. but nothing unifying--I thought for some reason the main thing you were supposed to be doing was stopping the evil character(s) that escaped the temple to continue their nefarious work.
    Was it Senshock, don't remember.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Not really. V is mainly a hub for all the extra content authored by various modders over the years (massively overhauled by Gaear, of course).

3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

The unifying theme of Verbobonc content is needing access to Verbobonc.

4. Peter Erk

Peter Erk Member

Heh, okay thanks guys. Maybe I'll just go on to Solasta: Crown of the Magister or something and save this for
    a rainy day(s):D.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you're looking for a complex and cunning plot you may need to look elsewhere, but for a d20 simulator you won't find better.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yep, as stated above, new content generated by members of this group had begin to seriously impact the difficulty level of the base game - completing the new content when it was discovered would add XP to the PC's and raise the APL (Average Party Level) to about 14 to 15 by the end of the Temple story arc.

A huge effort was undertaken to move this new content to after the "final battle" and increase it's level of difficulty to challenge a higher level party while keeping much of the content intact, and adding a new city with everything that implies and more new quests besides was deemed the most appropriate way to accomplish this.

Our Host!