Verb Weapon Merchant

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by trianglesubmission, Jan 1, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. trianglesubmission

trianglesubmission Member

I can't get the weapon merchant (Gregor, I think) to show up in Verb. I have tried every variation I can think of: take him with me, let him go on his own, take him with various groups of other traders, etc.

The armor mechant shows up in Verb, but I just can't get the weapon merchant to show. Any ideas?

2. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I second this. I have tried everything as well (and I did free him from the temple) and would like to see him too, providing the goods he sells are better than offered.

Speaking of which, he does offer choice items, does he not?

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Whit Co8 version are you using?

In the later mods those merchants where removed i think, that's why Ah-Fong is in Nulb.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ah Fong slightly predates Verbo-mod, but is completely seperate. This sounds like some sort of bug.

EDIT: Hmmm, there's a few issues in the merchants' scripts (assuming I am looking at the right ones). For one thing, they call functions from Co8.py and utilities.py but don't call those files first. Hmmm...

That doesn't explain why one merchant shows up and not the other, but they need a bit of work :blush:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  5. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I have noticed the same with the latest release, armour guy shows up but the wepons guy dont..

6. trianglesubmission

Is this also why the master of bizaare of the bizarre is not showing up?

7. Shiningted

Have you completed the, errr, prerequisites for him being there?

8. chano

chano Established Member

How do one get the master of bizaare to appear ?
    I have played soooo many times now and haven't been able to figure it out.

Could someone that know send me a PM so that you do not post spoilers for everyone else.

I can get 2 merchants to appear, but they only sell ordinary stuff, i wanna buy magical items.

9. raptor

raptor Title

Never really thought about it, but had same problem last time I played (with the 04 version) that only one of the two merchants I rescued in the temple appears in Verbonc.

10. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

What prerequisites? This is news to me. If you are going to PM anyone about this then I would certainly love to be added to the list, and I have played through many times myself.

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: the merchants, it could be that the first heartbeat scripts that make the traders appear are overlapping eachother and one is getting ignored, should be a simple task to make one script to check for the other trader and run his script also.

12. trianglesubmission

Is there a console command we can use to make the verb weapons merchant show up? create XXXXX or something?

13. circ

circ Member

so i went to verbo through the female prisoner, didnt bother with any merchant rescuing. bumped into a trio there that i rescued earlier because hey, free gnome ring. anyway, i noticed a scroll merchant there, but as i exited the building it crashed, but its nice to have the spells you missed available to your mage for crafting. am i going to bump into any other merchants, some guy with a master shortbow and wakizashi would be nice as otis and the blacksmith in hommlett dont carry either of those, or do i have to set said merchant(s) free?

14. Shiningted

The masterwork shortbow should be available from the cabinet-maker (along with any other masterwork wooden items needed).

The wakizashi, for memory, should be available from Ah Fong.

15. circ

circ Member

ah fong did have wakizashi, thanks. but all the cabinet maker stocks is wooden shield, quivers and arrows, two spears and a greatclub. none of them masterwork stuff

Our Host!