Upstairs to Terjon crash

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ferda, Jun 6, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ferda

Ferda Member

Hello Dears all,

first I am sorry for my english, I play co 8 version 8.1.0 and after return from Emridy Meadows with giant head and thing loot from stone, I want go upstairs to Terjon and now game always crash, please is any way to find reason or fix save I attached? Previous save before Emridy Meadows work fine.....

Thank you
    Ferda

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Could you attach the save please.

3. Ferda

Ferda Member

Hello,

thank you wery much for your interest, please find save attached.

Ferda

Attached Files:

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

The Good New is I was able to recreate the exact crash, so the problem is most likely with the save, and not with your computer or with your install. Also, I was able to get upstairs to Terjon and complete the quest by using this console command:

Code:
    game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,5011,480,480)
    However, I would strongly suggest you go back to your good save before Emridy Meadows and redo things from that point. You're better off redoing Emridy than having instability for the rest of your game.

The concern is that after completing the Terjon quest, I continued on and things seemed OK for a while. But then I would get a random crash at unexpected times, like on a traveling encounter, or in Nulb going in and out of houses. So, the problem is more than just with Terjon, and it will probably affect you for the whole game.

I'm not sure of the exact cause of the crash.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  5. Ferda

Ferda Member

Hello Marc,

thank you wery much for your testing and advice, I have made Emridy Meadows again...

Thank you again
    Ferda

6. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

There seem to be two different types of map transition crash.

Sometimes the game just crashes,once, and you reload and it works again. But sometimes the save seems to be confused about what's happening during the transitions -- for instance, playing some magical sound effects when you're just moving upstairs rather than transitioning to a Node or some such. If I start hearing that, I know that save is done for.

7. Richard Fay

Richard Fay Member

Having the same issue. I even checked it before I went to embridy meadows and I was able to go upstairs but it seems every time after I get the pendant the game crashes. I am even more confused considering I don't even have an evil party. They are Chaotic Neutral. Why if Circle of Eight fixed many of the other bugs that were present in the original game would they make it so that you have to play a lawful good party in order for the game to work correctly? Because it seems to me that that is the only solution to this problem. Any other non good aligned party causes them to cast shield of faith and other spells on themselves as soon as you walk into the room. I am trying to play the game correctly and not just butchering everyone and this is several times this has happened, I have abandoned the game before and gone back to it and I always get just so far into the game and something like this happens. Don't want to sound ungrateful for all of the hard work the circle of eight team did for the game, it's just very frustrating.

8. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Odd, I have never had this problem. Did you leave the evil statue behind or gotten rid of it? I never take it even when playing an evil party. I just finished Emeridy Meadows with a LN Party of monks and my previous party was Chaotic neutral.

Our Host!