Upgrading to vBulletin 3.8.7

Discussion in 'News/Comments' started by Gaear, Mar 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Attention, Co8 board members:

We need to upgrade the boards here at Co8.org to the latest version of vBulletin for compatability reasons. Additionally, this upgrade will add new features (to be announced at a later time) and enable certain features that should be available now but aren't. It will also improve site security.

This is a necessary upgrade, not an elective one, so we're not just recklessly spending money on pointless gee-gaws. The version of vBulletin we're running now and have been running for some time is very old and outdated.

The cost to do this will be $50 USD, so being as Co8 has no accounts receivable department (ha-ha), we are asking members to donate in order to raise the necessary funds. You can do so by clicking on the Donate button at the top of every forum page. Donations go to our server, Sorcerers.net. You can donate via either PayPal or a credit card.

When you donate, please leave a donation note telling us your Co8 username in the final step of the donation process. We will erect statues of all donors in the lobby of the Co8 world headquarters. (Actually we won't, but we will issue heartfelt thank-yous to all of you publically.)

This is really not a large amount in order to keep us going, so if you feel that our mods and forums are worth supporting, please donate whatever amount you care to today.

Sincerest thanks,

- The Circle of Eight team

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. Gaear

vBulletin 3.8.7 Funds Drive Goal Met

Attention Co8 board members:

We have reached our goal for the necessary monies to purchase version 3.8.7 of Vbulletin for our forum upgrade. Sincere thanks to all of you who contributed! Not all of you said who you were, but those that did are listed below:

whatsername74
    sirchet
    twisty
    fenter

Thanks also to those of you who contributed anonymously! We are very grateful.

The forum upgrade should occur in the near future, at which time the new features will be made clear. There will no doubt be a bump or two in the road during this process, so please bear with us.

Please note that members should feel free to continue to donate to our host, Sorcerers.net, at any time. Donating to Sorcerers is essentially like donating to Co8, as without them we would not be here. Your continuing support is appreciated!

- The Co8 team

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

You could erect Statues in the Town Hall of Verbobonc, that when you mouse over have a description lauding the generosity of these very generous donors! I was wondering if the total had been reached, i should have responded with my own donation. Thanks Gaear for the update!

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Statues were promised ... don't make us protest and the whining could be insufferable. :twitch:

Of course I would be very pleased just to see that darn capital S gone from my name ... :poke:

5. Gaear

The statues are being crafted as we speak, should only take a couple years ... :yes:

Our Host!