Upgrade path

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by slickrcbd, Oct 31, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. slickrcbd

slickrcbd Member

I haven't played this game in years. Not since 2010. I haven't been following the forum, but I see that there have been major changes.
    What would be the best way to upgrade my install? I'm creating a new thread instead of hijacking the widescreen mod thread.

What would the best upgrade path be? Clean install? I haven't tried the game in years. I just looked and it seems my last save was in late 2010. I never finished it because I went back to school and the need to increase the DPI was too much of a PITA.

I just checked, and the folder where I stored all the mods has a subfolder called
    "2010_01_08_Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_5.7.2_BETA"

I've usually used either 800x600 (minimum) or 1024x768. It's compensating for the small text size so I don't have to increase the DPI too much. At 1280x1024 with a DPI of "medium" (120) (the "larger" in previous versions of Windows 95-Vista) I get eyestrain even with my glasses. I can use most things on the computer and this forum without my glasses at 1280X1024 with a DPI of 120, although I do have the "minimum font size" and the default font sizes increased slightly in Firefox.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Welcome back slickrcbd,

I recommend you delete all the older stuff, (especially the beta stuff) and start with a clean 8.0.0NC and then download the 8.1.0NC patch and activate the patch through the new version of the front end that comes with the newer version of the modpack.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at all the changes since you've played.

Our Host!