Upcomming turn based fantasy games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom, Dec 1, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. tom

tom Established Member

Just discovered that there are a few games due out next year - sadly none of them d and d based but some look nice none the less - Divinity: Original Sin for example.

Hopefully one of these studios might Kick start a D & D game for there next project.

2. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing the information.
    There is also Space Hulk out there, for people who are fans of the warhammer universe.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

A game I rather enjoyed playing the demo of is Blackguards. I'm currently waiting for it to go on sale on steam (cos I'm cheap like that). Similar in some ways to our beloved ToEE during combat, it has a similar radial menu, it differs in that it's hex based and it has features that I wish ToEE (or DnD I guess had). For one, its the first game I've played outside of an mmo or something made by blizzard that has a magic system that can compete with melee or ranged combat with the use of astral points which slowly regenerate during combat, meaning as a caster you're not limited to a set number of spells per day

The story is rather linear, and out of combat isn't fleshed out nearly as much as ToEE. Infact in towns you can't even see your characters, you just look at a still 3D scene where you can click on the NPCs to interact with them. Still its fun, engaging and worth a look.

And slightly off topic, I just finished playing through Shadow Warrior (a remake of the 1997 game of the same name) and its awesome. Got some oldschool feel and doesn't take itself seriously, but is well put together and challenging and there's a lot of laughs
    here's the trailer...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjB2Re_Sso

Our Host!