Unofficial Patch?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Blackened, May 1, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Blackened

Blackened Level 1 ToEE Gamer

Hello everyone. I'm new to ToEE, but I'm very excited about it. I'm a Fallout fan and ToEE is very highly rated in the Fallout community. I, however, never went beyond the character creation screen (well, except for experimenting).

My question is, is there some kind of an unofficial patch, that contains ONLY bugfixes and NO new content? I saw some Co8 mods, but I think they add new content. I want to see the game as it was created, just without the bugs.

Also, an offtopic question: can someone link me to a character creator hack (or something like that)? I want to edit predefined characters' stats, or better, type them instead of rolling them.

I think that if I can roll my character until it gets incredibly high stats, it won't be cheating if I create it like I wish in the first place. Anyway, I'm requesting this mainly because I want to create a specific character, for roleplaying purposes.

2. EdCon

EdCon Member

3. TerMany

TerMany Member

While I would say ToEE is still a good game without the good stuff from the Co8 mods, please don't judge the game until you've actually tried ToEE in its full glory with all the contents of Co8 mod. It's an understatement to say it improves the game vastly.

4. Blackened

Blackened Level 1 ToEE Gamer

@EdCon: Thanks. Damn, I've asked myself what does "NC" stand for. I should've looked more for the answer. I'll edit this post it the editors aren't working.

@TerMany: Oh, I won't judge a game by its bugs. I'm already greatly impressed by the character/party creation system. Anyway, I've never played D&D games (well, I played BG for like 5-7 hours and NWN for like 15-20 hours, but that didn't help with my experience - I didn't even knew that strating stats are from 3 to 18).

Our Host!