Unable to patch the game

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Numbskull, Sep 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Numbskull

Numbskull Member

Hello,

Just got the game yesterday and have dl'ed both of the patches, neither of which will install.

When I click on either one of them a little DOS window opens up and then closes immmediately, there are no messages of any kind.

I installed the game - and attempted to install the patches - while logged on as "Administrator", so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Running Windows XP SP1. All drivers are up to date, etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. Just posted this question on the Atari ToEE forum and thought I'd give it a shot here, too, on the off-chance that someone else has encountered this problem. Someone asked this question there a month ago and has received 0 replies, so I don't have much hope. Anyway, TIA for any assistance/suggestions...

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Is this the normal retail version of the game. Or is it a downloaded Trymedia version. The official patches work only for bought game version.

Did you install ToEE to the default directory?
    (C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil)
    There were some complaints about patches not working probably when the game wasn't installed on the default directory.

I wonder if being logged on as "Administrator" prevents patching? Just a wild guess but when you first install the game, were you also logged on as "Administrator"?

3. Numbskull

Numbskull Member

Yep, it's the boxed retail version of the game, straight from ebgames and I did accept and install to the default directory. Yep, initially installed as Administrator and also tried to patch as Administrator - I wondered about that, too, so uninstalled and re-installed as another user and got the same results when trying to patch. I've also been checking in the Registry to make sure it's not actually happening, but find it's still version 1.0. Strange problem that very few people seem to be having...

Thanks very much for your assistance, zhuge.

4. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

You made the same post over at the atari forums right? I think you said the issue was with your computer..

Are you still experiencing this?

Our Host!