Unable to leave the gnoll cave?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Sutemi, Dec 14, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

I've tried to find some secret doors, but found none. Any help? Please see the saved game in the attachment.

Attached Files:

2. gamedude 1324

gamedude 1324 Member

Secret door is in the middle of the chief's room, use your secret door search tool, and make sure you pc has enough ranks in search. It's there, trust me.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The DC is pretty high, it's not meant to be found casually. Long story short, you've got 9 ranks in Search, you need 10 ;) (And no, Guidance won't work in this case, I tried to get it going for scripted events but couldn't. Sorry).

Also note that your save is in the Common Room not the Chief's room, don't get them mixed up ;) The troll, which I hope was a nice little surprise for fans of the module, is as per the Monster Manual for a group of Gnolls that size.

Glad you sent this in because I noticed your skeletal kobold is coming up paralysed. Thought we'd fixed that....

4. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

Thank you Shining Ted for your prompt reply! Are you saying that I'm basically screwed and that's it? I did to load some earlier some and get the necessary ranks, right? Or do something else in some other location for a while...

5. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

Sure, I won't! :) I did like the troll, but I have immensily enjoyed the whole mod... It's just that I found a little bit difficult, that's all, but there's nothing wrong in making difficult games. Thank you for your hard work!

6. Shiningted

What's Search - Wisdom based? If you have Owl's Wisdom, give yourself a skill boost :)

7. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

Good tip, but it's Int based and my cleric and druid are able to boost all the abilities - except Int.

Any ideas where to buy scrolls of Fox's Cunning? My cleric would be able to use them, and Int seems vitally important in this game.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  8. Shiningted

Ooo that's a good question - I have a feeling you can get one somewhere but you'll have to wait for Gazra to say where. It would be very useful for a number of scenarios.

9. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

Sorry, I was being very stupid. Sorry!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  10. Shiningted

Glad you got through. Thought I'd put more loot in that storeroom though - there you go.

Our Host!