"Tutorial" is missing

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by rossik, Jan 10, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. rossik

rossik Member

im really lost here.

fisrt, i have installed the game, and patch 2.
    then, i was not able to loot. readind the looting topics, i have done all that was said.(installing the last c8 Mod, and the framework 2.0)

now, when i try to play the last Mod, it "freeze" when it try to active c8 last Mod.

ok, then i tried to play the "vanilla" one. i still cant loot, i've lost all my saved games (i have copied them in a safe place, but anyway), cant open closed doors in moathouse, the tutorial have gone from the start screen and the enemies have "shifted" places from my last save.

any ideas?
    :help:

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Then its all working properly :)

Activating the Co8 module takes a LONG time, so long that if you click on it while waiting, it will say 'not responding'. But if you leave it for a while (several minutes - go have a shower or something) it should activate.

But you are getting a mish-mash with your vanilla one if you are seeing no tutorial option (thats a Co8 thing). Better to do a complete reinstall - sorry, I hardly ever give that advice but in this case I'd say total reinstall.

3. rossik

rossik Member

oh, silly me!
    im installing allover, then ;)

if i had a save game copied, would i still be able to play it?

if i use the tfe-x, and choose c8mod, i will not play a difeerent game, as in Keep on the Borderlands, right?

sorry if the qustion is dumb, maybe as it is a such basic question, i didnt find in the foruns! :p

the "vanilla" version is the game as it was released, but with bugs fixed, right/
    and the mod is a powered up/ customizable version of it.

did i get it?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Noooooooo... Vanilla is just that, Vanilla (albeit with whatever patches you have applied). Nothing else.

The Co8 5.5.0 mod is the latest in bug-fixes and new content, added to ToEE. You start in Hommlet as before. KotB is a cmopletely new game where yuo start outside the famous Keep on the Borderlands, go inside and have all new adventures.

The Co8 patch and the KotB mod are completely seperate. You can have them both going and activate / play them as you like. But because they are seperate, you can't swap saves / players between them (can't swap anythnig else between them either).

As for your saves, not sure what to say. You don't sound like you got far enough to do anything worth saving, and if you did it in vanilla, you won't be able to play those saves in Co8: they will refuse to load. Sorry bout that. But if you had just done a few quests in Hommlet and then got the looting bug early in the moathouse, just go back and do it again: there has been enough expansion in the early game (and voices added) to make it a whole new experience. Kinda :)

5. rossik

rossik Member

i see, thanks!

so, Vanilla is not bug free as c8 mod?
    is there a way i could play the game "as it is", like tone down some c8mod modification (if theres any to )

oh, i load the save from toee to the keep mod, and elmo became a 1st level women, who just passed to second level :D

(dont whant to ruin everything again..it askes for the cd. can i install a crack? would the crack mess up the patchs and mod?)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  6. rossik

rossik Member

ok, i couldnt wait and installed the crack...

the game works!

hurrey!

just a few more questions, and i hope that in future, i can help newbies like myself :D

is that right that i start with no equipament, just 500 gp?
    theres on more dwarven and orc figures to choose from?

Our Host!