Trying to extract the portrait packs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gehennis, Jun 4, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Trying to extract the portrait packs to here C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TFE-X\ but keep getting this: Access is denied. Can not create output directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TFE-X\

I've made sure I'm running the front end as an administrator and that the Co8 modpack 7.8 is active but when I click the portrait packs button I get the message that there are no packs available for that module. I'm using 7zip 9.20 32 bit x86, although I'm not sure if this is the right version. Any ideas of where I'm going wrong?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Re: co8 modpack 7.8.0 portraits

Regardless if you are running the game as admin, if you do not have admin rights to alter files in your program files directory it will not let you.

Right click on the TOEE file and choose properties, then the security tab and in the upper window look at what authorities your log on name has. It needs to have a check in all of the lines.

3. Gehennis

Was able to check everything except the special permission box- for some reason it doesn't acknowledge the mouse clicks- tried to extract the files again and got the same message. Any ideas?

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

That tells me your log in is not at admin level.

You will need to log as admin in order to change the authority level of another user.

If you can't log as admin, you could always move your installation to another less protected directory as maybe C: Games, or anywhere in My Documents.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@G ...

1. Why are you trying to put the portraits in C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TFE-X\? Do you have your game installed to a custom directory called 'TFE-X?' Unless ToEE is installed there exactly, the front end wouldn't be able to find them, assuming that feature was even functional ...

2. The current portrait packs are not yet functional with the new TFE-X. This means that you will still have to install them the old way - by extracting them to data/art/interface/portraits directly. Clicking the portrait pack button in the new TFE-X will do nothing as of right now. The new TFE-X will go into wide circulation with modpack v7.9. At that point, all the new functions will be operational.

6. Gehennis

Well heck- now I just feel embarrassed...:blush:

Our Host!