Trouble with patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jun 11, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

So I own the original cds and boxed edition. But I decided anyway to purchase the GOG digital download as well. I tried to install the Atari patch 2 but the patch can't seem to find where the GOG client installed it.

I even put the patch in the main game directory. TY

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

When you have the GOG version you donĀ“t need the old official Atari patches anymore:
    http://www.co8.org/community/index....-mod-pack-a-step-by-step-download-guide.1819/
    http://www.co8.org/community/index....eight-modpack-installation-instructions.6695/

3. CyrusSpitama

CyrusSpitama Member

As mentioned above, you get to skip those patches with the GOGames version as it comes pre-patched with some other very minor fixes so it runs better on modern systems. Note that GOGames by default install to their own GOG Games folder in root directory avoiding any Program Files folder issues that occur with older games. I do find myself wondering why they did not choose a folder simply named GOGames to follow the older folder naming character limits.

4. Templar

Templar Established Member

Thanks guys. I guess that's why old games get better ratings on GOG then Steam with those fixes. Its been a long time since I played TOEE and I don't even remember what version of a CO8 mod I played (though I remember Verbonoc was newly expanded at that time). It never gets old for me.

Thinking about making a party today. Any new weapons in the last - say 2 years - that are so awesome that I need to specialize in that weapon and or spell or commit to memory? Thanks!

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you have the time to peruse gazra's TOEE Game Guide and Walkthrough you'll find a list of all the available weapons and spells.

A really well done guide IMHO.

6. CyrusSpitama

CyrusSpitama Member

As for special weapons and it is not exactly new, that Great Cleaver is rather awesome with its great crit range and d10 base dmg!

Our Host!