Trading Post Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by emo_ome, Oct 11, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

After you activated the Revenge Plot and killed the traders and their mercs inside the residential house in nulb, what should happen to the empty Trading Post? I'm thinking of new traders who'll sell you nice items :dribble:. Possible?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Interesting idea but not sure what would be workable. Might be a project a new modder might want to sink their teeth into.

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Would be nice to have another oddball merchant, like Fong in Nulb. Maybe someone who specializes in potion, or bardic instruments, or buys exotic monster meats!

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

There already is a potion merchant in Moathouse NC.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Maybe it could be a place that hires out servants, but really is a hidden slave traders shop connected to the slavers in Verbobonc.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Run by nefarious Drow who await the word from Lareth to descend upon Hommlet. :)

7. emo_ome

anyone.. can someone link me on how to mod, i'll do my idea. And can anyone give me some dialog lines for the merchant. Thanks...

8. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3452&highlight=tutorial

There's modding tips everywhere in the forums but I believe Ted's tutorial has most everything gathered together in one file. Of course, take what I say with a grain of salt because I don't know modding and may be leading you down the primrose path.

Maybe create a merchant based off of the Pawn Stars TV show. Rick, Chumlee, The Old Man and Hoss. They'll give you 2% of the retail value on items you're selling and they will sell you items for 300% retail value.

Good luck.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Trading Post Respawn - I like it! They could have an animal dealer working out of the barn too, sell you dogs and such.

I guess the main thing to ask is, if the party cleared the moathouse, dealt with the bandits, chased out the traders etc, and generally brought that smidgen more peace and propserity to the area, who would open shop next?

I reckon antique dealers. Barlow and Strakers' Fine Furnishings... they've been a loooooooooong time coming to Hommlet.... :vampire:

10. General Ghoul

Here's your chance at my earlier suggestion of exotic monster parts. Have a guy come in who deals in monster parts for components to magic items and spells. He gives you a quest to find X. When you return with X, he then says you might be good enough to find Y. Then part Z. Similar to Brother Smyth's giant head quest, you can get a giant head off the next giant you kill, not necessarily the one in the Meadows. The it works like Smyth's other NC quests, complete one, then get the next.

Maybe he sells odds and ends like oil and acid, but buys the mysterious Vial of Orc Blood, all the hemlock in Jay's field, as well as the things on his list.

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm, how about a new Mother Screng subplot then? Let's say you blow her cover by having low INT or fulfilling recruiting requirements but don't want her, then she moves to Ommleth and decides to settle down there. At the same time, her Nulb house gets taken over by evil forces, and there's a new evil trader who sells unholy items, baby oil and kitten blood :D

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yes Precious, we needs the kittens for our Evil Mayhem and Destruction. :)

13. emo_ome

Well, I've got the tools and the idea on this, but, where should I start? How can I get to the point where the Traders are gone (dead) - wherein the Trading Post is empty. And after I create a NPC, how can the NPC do the barter? Sorry if I ask too much and being such a newbie. Thanks in advance. ;)

Edit: Oooh.. How about a merchant who can craft Items? So that no more Crafting Items/Wands etc? Hmm.. But it would make the feat useless.. right? What do you guys think?
    One more thing, can you guys give me names - I'm not good in making names. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Just like Zaxis said.. "But everyone we meet has a horrible name.. Ostler Gundigoot Please!" :twitch:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  14. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I suggested this myself. It's a great idea. If you wanted to play a party of fighters without any magic-users, this would make it really nice.

As far as crafter names go, maybe Finwe, Maeglor or Sauron? All artisan enchanters from the first age of middle earth and unsurpassed by anyone. I believe it was either Finwe or Maeglor that crafted the 3 Silmarils.

15. General Ghoul

There is already a wand seller in Verb, and Senshock sells everything else that can be made.

Our Host!