trader revealed

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dragonalumni, Feb 22, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

the trader's won't tell me the location of the ToEE but the game banchee faq i was reading said that it was actually an option.

i can only pick magic item or gold successfully, and if i ask for the location of the temple i don't get anything at all.

i'm not sure if that is a bug.

ps. why do cloaks slot items weigh 5 units when long swords weigh 4?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have no idea why cloaks may weigh more, but to get access to the temple. There are others ways to find it. You can sell one of Lareth's items (it will say Lareth in its description) to the traders and you will get an encounter from an assassin. He will have a note that will have a map to the temple. You can also talk to Otis in Nulb and get directions, or try to talk to Alira at the Waterside Hostel in Nulb.

3. chano

chano Established Member

I have played all the way from vanilla and tried the option to have them tell me where the temple is and it has never worked.
    Never waited until after clearing the moathouse, maybe is is a story state issue.
    But it does seem to be a bug, but then why bother, the shortsword is much better as you will find your way there eventually.

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I do believe it is a story state thing. I do not think you can get access to Nulb until after you defeat/chase away Lareth.

5. EmperorNorton

EmperorNorton Member

No, it's not a bug. Rannos says that they never go near the temple themselves if you chose to blackmail them for the temple's location.

Our Host!