ToEE vanilla works but not Front End-X

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Darth, Nov 22, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Darth

Darth Member

I have launched TOEE successfully in my netbook, Windows 7 64b, using 1024x600 widescreen resolution (just modifying the .cfg file).

Problem comes when I try to use the TOEE Front End-X. Program won't allow me to define my widescreen resolution and game crashes with any resolution I use, either 800x600 windowed or not.

Can I modify the front-end in any way to let me use 1024x600 res? Modifying cfg file won't help at this point.

Can I use mods without using then Front End-X? Thanks!

EDIT: btw, I'm totally new to ToEE (but I'm an old D&D player). Should I play the game without any mod first or do you recommend to play with the 6.1 NC mod from the beginning?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Darth

Darth Member

I answer to myself lol:

I have managed to run Co8 6.1.0, create chars and enter the room where you can buy equipment.

Problem comes when I activate the portal to "Begin adventuring", it crashes everytime. Suggestions on this?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Make sure your video card is set to 'no scaling.' Some systems get whacked out when they try to scale videos in ToEE, and a video is about to play after you exit the shopmap. If that doesn't work, try the disable videos setting in the front end.

How did you get the resolution issue sorted?

We don't recommend playing without any mods, because the game is just too terribly bugged for that. Your options with Co8 mods are:

6.1.0 NC (uncludes a lot of custom new content, which by and large players like)
    6.1.0 standard (includes less new content and is more bugfix-oriented, though it is not pure vanilla)
    3.0.4 (an older modpack that has almost no custom content but a lot of bugfixes ... not as many bugfixes as the current mods though)

Follow the link in my signature for info on where to get these, etc.

4. Darth

Darth Member

I have made a clean uninstall and I just reinstalled in another folder.

Misteriously, now game runs with no problems with or without the 6.1.0 mod :roll:

Thanks for your help ;)

5. SCO

SCO Member

Not so mysterious once you understand that the program files folder in vista and w7 is read only, and the dll wasn't changed.

6. Darth

Darth Member

I NEVER install any game into program files folder, anyway, thanks for the tip ;)

Our Host!