ToEE 'Shares'

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zebedee, Jul 19, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Goreng

Goreng Member

Myself I don't like this mod but it's very practical to cheat a little or adjust a little the rules.... NO I don't I'm playing an ironman party! :)

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

one really simple was to stop NPCs from looting is to addjust it in the protos (they'll still sell the gear you give them tho).

3. Goreng

Goreng Member

Protos? What's that? You mean fill up the inventory? For this yep the problem is they could sell them except if you fill with stuff that no merchant buy. There was the beers, but since CMF or with Co8 I saw some merchant buy them. Yes fill up the inventory yourself, it's like using the humble npc mod. :)

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the protos is the the main game file where all weapon, armour/clothing, NPC etc information is. its the file that makes Elmo different from Zert.

5. Goreng

Goreng Member

Thanks but what's the utility to know that? I don't know any editor for this file.

6. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Agetian's World Builder or Phalzyr's Protoedit.

7. Goreng

Goreng Member

Ok thanks I didn't saw there was editor of some stuff of savegame.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

they don't edit save games, they edit THE game - before you start playing (and if you know what you're doing some times part way through a game).

you know if one of the dll guys hung around long enough maybe he could make a new humble NPCs - all it would need to do would be to stop NPCs selling anything. Everything else needed to humble them can be done in the protos.

9. Goreng

Goreng Member

Ho I see, the Humble NPC option activated or not during a same game is a switch of static files.

In fact I don't use the humble npc mod just to let them manage their level progression, otherwise the Co8 party NPC system doesn't bring a lot to me, share only the money isn't fun, have them sell items I gave them in their inventory always lead me wrong and the inventory dialog options has many disaventadge, once you say them not sell what's in their current inventory there's no way to take items given back appart by activating humble npc.

The auto sell of stuff you give them, is really a crap feature, I don't see any use and fun in it.

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

That would be a very elegant solution.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Isn't that what we have now (since Spellslinger's efforts?)

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I can't remember I know he did something but not as much (or little) as that.

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

So it might be possible?

I'm just thinking about the balancing aspect of the game actually requiring the NPCs. Humble NPCs allows you to take the NPCs (and thus the XP hit) but doesn't also hit the monty haul loot issues.

Will have a play about I guess and see what we do have atm :)

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I understand it - all he did was reenable the the code that stops you from being able to just take an item off an NPC that if flaged no_transfer (eg you couldn't just take fragarach of PT with his modifications) but it appears that he didn't reenable the code for if an NPC gets an item they decide that they won't give it up anymore. (eg an NPC loots something and wont give it to you - well now he will).

Our Host!