ToEE portal page

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sagenlicht, Apr 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop a line that we made a portal page for ToEE, hoping to give an overview over all activities centered around ToEE.

If ya interested, it is located at http://www.sagenlicht.org/games/toee.

Any comments are welcome.

2. mjck7

mjck7 Member

Very cool! :thumbsup: I see a lot of promise there. Can't wait to see some updates. I like the look of it btw.

3. Sagenlicht

Thanks for your nice reply.

The next update planned for the site is to add a review for the game. I hope we are able to update the page weekly with some new content. At least in the beginning. Of course, breaking news like a new patch would be updated asap ;)

The most important thing now is, that we get listed in google (else no one will find the page) and hopefully we get linked on some sites like the CO8 site. A portal page only makes sense, if it is used ;)

4. mjck7

mjck7 Member

You are very welcome! I wish you the best for your site!! You can never have too much DnD!!! ;)

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

nice site... just one suggestion... I prefer a wizard to a sorc, a wizard or a sorc are the only ones who can craft many much needed wonderous items, such as the bracers of archery, bracers of mage armour, and circlet of intelligence, etc... and a sorc cannot learn those from scrolls, a big handicap...

Also for first level sleep and grease are much more useful then magic missle, when oppoents rise from grease they waste their attack for the round, and give attacks of opportunity to all your guys, at a +4 to hit, and sleep just lets you coup de grace all the enemies...

6. Sagenlicht

Thanks taltamir for your nice reply. Well the differences between a mage and a sorcerer are indeed just a few while playing toee as there are no prestige classes implemented.

We of Sagenlicht.org never wanted to say that a wizard is better or worse than a sorcerer but we belive that for a beginner it is easier to play with a sorcerer. The strategy tips are meant for beginners as we belive that experts don´t need tips :roll:

Playing with a sorcerer you don´t need to memorize spells and this means that as a beginner you don´t need to plan in advance. In addition as a beginner you won´t use many different spells (at least the normal beginner) so the limitation of a sorcerer is not a real limitation. You still can take the craft feats you just don´t get them for free. Still this should not be a real drawback, because as a beginner you shouldn´t try to fight with your mage ;)

Magic Missile is a very good spell even at level one and as a sorcerer you start with a lot of them. While fighting your first fights and through the Moathouse MG sends enemies that are near death nearly always to unconsciousness, removing that enemy from combat. Don´t forget: MG hits always. Grease is a good spell, but as it affects you as well, we don´t belive that as a beginner you should frequently use such spells as they easily backfire if you are not careful enough. Grease ogres. MG the rest ;)

But thanks again for coming over to our small site and discussing it with us. Your comments (and of course all others as well) are very welcome. If you or anyone else is interested in adding information to the site (for example your own strategy guide) contact us and we will discuss it.

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  7. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

i am sorry i wasnt clear, yes you bring up very good points, however what i meant was not that you need to "waste" extra feats for the craft feats, but the fact that the SPECIFIC ITEMS have spell prerequisites, for example to craft an amulet of wisdom you must know owl's wisdom spell.... and since a sorcerer knows so few spells they will be bogged down having to waste so many of their precious few spell known slots on spells that they will never use anyways because a crafted item doesnt stack with the spell!

When my wizard wanted to craft an item he didnt know the spell for, all he needed to go is buy it for a few hundred GP from brayne and scribe it, then he could craft it, he never ever cast it or memorised it, but unless its a spell known you cannot craft it..

ofcourse for the most part a cleric with craft could do most of the stuff (since clerics and druids automatically know all spells for their level), but they dont know all the spells needed to craft the game items, actually you will need a druid a cleric and a wizard all with craft feats to be able to craft it all, but just having one devine crafter and one arcane is enough since that will mean ther will be only 1 or 2 items you couldnt craft...

Last edited: May 19, 2004
Our Host!