ToEE or KotB?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Nov 19, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I've been playing through the early stages of a new campaign with Co8 4.0.0 following a long absence from the game, and I've noticed a lot of things that, due to my removed perspective, seem to jump out at me as being in need of modifying. These are mainly Troika-original-game things.

However, after reading screeg's heads-up post in the KotB forum, I'm wondering, should we bother any further with ToEE? Or should we focus as a group entirely on KotB now? It seems that KotB, as screeg implied, is in need of a larger "workforce," so to speak. Are we content with finally leaving ToEE as is, aside from maybe fixing our own bugs? I'm aware that there are other efforts underway with ToEE, such as Kalshane's project, but things like that are more-so applied to the engine, not just the ToEE module specifically. Obviously the engine is going to be with us throughout any and all modules we might create, and can be tweaked in perpetuity.

What say you all about ToEE?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

FOR ToEE:
    Well, I'm still working on the Verbobonc mod for ToEE though it is still a long way off all the maps are 100% complete, the protos.tab has (mostly) all the NPC's in it, Just need to write dialogues, make .mobs, quests, unique items, Etc...

FOR KotB:
    My KotB NPC Robin Graves (still has a problem being recognised in game as a necromancer) is almost finished, I still need to record his voice set and send Ted my final (for now at least) dialogue file.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

stop work on ToEE?..

waahhh <sniff> *teary eyes*

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm keen to see Allyx's Verbobonc stuff and Moosehead's mod (and Darmagon's spells!), but otherwise, the only real interest ToEE has for me is as a testing ground for widerly-applicable stuff. Full steam ahead KotB!!!

Mind u, I am slightly biased...

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I'm anxious to play KotB, but I think there's no reason to give up on ToEE, particularly for stuff that deals with mechanics and bug-fixes, as I assume most of those would carry over into KotB. (Says the person about to embark on a mechanics-related project. :) )

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Since the release of co8 4, I thnk all that remains is polishing up some of the things that have come to light. And it is a great test-bed for some new things, especially spells and the like. KoTB ought to have the modder's priority, or else it will be 2012 before it' finished...and there are other modules out there begging for the KoTB treatment!

...says the guy who has never modded anything.

Our Host!