ToEE Front End Error:

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by STR3T, Feb 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. STR3T

STR3T Member

Bummer...

Application failed to start because tio.dll was not found.

I've got .net 1.1 from cat drivers prior.

Get this error after first try of loading fresh install of ToEE, Atari Patch 2, No CD-Crack 2, Co8 V4, Co8 V4.0.1, portrait and voice pack.

"search" for tio.dll file within Atari folder find nada.

Now, I installed/unzipped the above in that order and to the C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil folder (root folder).

Under this folder I now have a three main subfolders: \data, \data.Co8-4.0.0 and a \modules folder.

Not sure if one of the .exe or zip files went to the wrong path...thanks.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

tio.dll is a library file that is not part of the Co8 mod. It either comes with the basic game, or with one of the official patches. I would try a clean reinstall.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Tio.DLL is an Atari Patch update file. Install both the Atari Patch 1 and 2 updates. Then re-apply the Co8 4.0.0 MOD (with the same previous selected options) and Co8 4.0.1. See if that fixes it.

If that does not fix it, use the Add or Remove Programs from the control panel to uninstall the Co8 updates and do an uninstall of ToEE. Delete all of the remaining ToEE game program folders and files. Reboot the computer. Re-install ToEE and apply the Atari Patches--I suggest installing both Atari Patch 1 and 2. Then, install the Co8 4 MOD and updates.

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Tio.dll should end up in your ToEE root folder as soon as you install patch 2. If you don't have it after you installed patch 2 it probably means the patch did not install correctly... Please check the installation of patch 2 again.

Hope this helps.
    - Agetian

5. STR3T

STR3T Member

Thanks, guys. Uninstall of all, reinstall worked late last night...

When I quit the game now (only created a couple new characters w/ the portrait mod)...I CTD.

But if that's the only time it crashes, I'll live w/ it :thumbsup:

Will post back once I get some game time in finally...thanks again.

Our Host!