ToEE Front End Error Reporting

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cerulean the Blue, Nov 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Agetian asked me to start a thread for reporting errors for ToEE Front End (aka Toffee). This thread is ONLY for reporting ToEE Front End errors. Please do not spam this thread.

When reporting errors, please be as specific as possible. If you get an error message, please post it in its entirerty. Include what you were doing at the time (i.e. starting Front End, loading a mod (specify which mod), activating a mod (specify which mod), changing portrait packs, etc. Also include which version of the .NET framework you are using (you can find which version you are using by going to the control panel, double click on Add/Remove programs - once it has loaded scroll down and look for Microsoft .NET Framework). The more information you provide, the more likely you will receive timely assistance.

REMEMBER: Front End requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher. You must have this installed or Front End will not work. Front End will not work with .NET 1.0 or 2.0 beta. It does work with .NET 1.1 and 2.0. If you get an "Application failed to initalize" error, most likely you do not have .NET 1.1 or higher.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  2. Milamber

Milamber Member

This is a question more than a bug. Do I need the Front End to increase my # of PC's in my party? I initially installed it without...

Do I simply re-install Co8 4.0 over top enabling Front End this time or do I need to re-install the entire game?

Thanks.

3. Cerulean the Blue

If you chose the non-Front End installation, there should be a TOEE_PCCount_Patcher.exe in your ToEE root directory. Run it to change the PC/NPC ratio for your game.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi all:
    When I start the front end loader I get this message.
    Error parsing module
    Error: Invalid module name containing a space : Orion's Ultimate Fixes Plus 1.0.1
    The module was not registered (please avoid space signs in module names!)

When I click ok on the error message the modded gme starts and all the very cool changes take effect, I even start out in the map with the merchants. I was just wondering if I'm missing out on anything by starting with this error message?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thats funny for several reasons :)

No, you are not missing anything. There area a few 'error messages' that come up that are just feedback for one thing or another. If you got to the traders map then it worked, have fun :)

6. Cerulean the Blue

You are missing out (if one could call it that) on 0rion's Mod. Front End isn't registering it, so you can't lauch it from Front End. The mod you are playing is most likely Co8 4.0.0. If you wish to play 0rion's mod, you will have to go into your ToEE root directory and rename the data folder and the module folder for Orion's Mod (i.e. replace the spaces with underscores).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  7. sirchet

@ Cerulean the Blue:
    That's what I thought I would need to do, but I'm not sure if the mods are compattable. Yes I'm running Co8 4.0.0 . I have not seen the swords mentioned earlier in another post, (I don't remember the names) where can I find them? I'd love to have my half orc barbarion have celtic tats and duel wield a pair of ......overbalanced swords.......he is chaotic nuetral after all, so he shouldn't care about being fair, hehehe.
    btw, does orion's mod offer anything that Co8 4.0.0. doesn't?

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Rangers. Lots of rangers.

And CTDs.

It does fix a lot of the monster stats (and breaks others.) But really you're better off with Co8 4.0.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Kalshane humbly declined to mention he is doing a fix for the monsters' stats himself. And taking a more thoughtful and considered approach to it, by the sound of his feedback.

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Actually posting feedback, and polls to decide the communities ideas about how the monsters should be recalculated makes me a LOT happier than using 0rion's mixed bag of "fixes" and "additions".

11. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Glad to hear I'm doing it right. :)

12. sirchet

Thanks for the feed back. I replaced the spaces with underscores and "voila" no more error message.(was annoying) I think I'll stick with the Co8 mod, it seems to be far better according to the comments I see on this thread. Oh, I found the weapons that were added. should probably leave that discussion for the thread allready talking about them.

again.....thanks for the quick response.

13. sirchet

Hi all:
    I can't seem to get Terjon (spelling) to acknowledge that I cleared the moathouse, I tried different alignments, still no option in dialouge. It worked before I re-installed TOEE, patch 1 & 2 Co8 4.0.0. Ant ideas?

btw......if you console in Fragarach and equip it, it will kill you, hehe.....I guess you have to be a vampire to use it

Thanks ahead of time

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Actually you have to be Chaotic and Good, and it won't kill you if you're high enough level

15. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Nothing to do with the frontend. It's a minor quest bug which means if you do things in the wrong order, Terjon won't finish the quest for you. Look for a thread by me which has a replacement .dlg for Terjon which you can download (in this part of the forum). Replace the .dlg file and the problem will be solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!