This is really the top! :(

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by 0rion79, May 4, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Amazing, I can't test my protos by myself because the game quits when loading the protos file and I have no idea why this may happen. My ranks in knowledge (modding) are really few :p It happend too when I tried to use some of Allyx's stuff before, but for him it was fine, so I guess it depends from my game version.
    I would ask two favors to the community:
    - may somebody else donwload the protos and at least see if the game runs?
    - If the game runs, would you be so kind to send me a copy of the ToEE.exe file in your main ToEE folder? Since I've seen that there are some small differenceses among my italian game and Liv's one (USA/UK??) maybe it would slove the problem. My e-mail is mattialoy@gmail.com
    Thanks

2. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

I am also fairly new at modding, and had a similar problem. you most likely have a typo in protos somewhere. just restore your backup (you DID make a backup, right?) and things should work.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Sounds familiar. Most probably, you have changed something in protos.tab that you shouldn't have changed, made a typo, or accidentally deleted something. Like Olbaid said, try to use a backup - ProtoEd normally generates backups automatically (saving them as protos.bak).

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I've noticed with Phazyr's ProtoEd that if I tell it to hide or sort columns for me while I'm working, the resulting proto.tab simply will not work. If I don't use those features and just manually search for what I'm looking for I have no problems when I edit.

5. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

oh my gosh.... I think you are right: I constantly had to hide columns to work! I think that the only solution is, with a bit of patience, to manually copy files to the latest Liv's tab. But, before throwing away more time, I ask you....
    - is there another protos editor that doesn't do that mess when hiding columns?
    - is there a way to copy selected rows or columns and to paste them into another file? The "copy" command just creates a duplicate of the chosen string inside the file in use, but what if I want to change my changes to another fresh protos.tab?

Last edited: May 4, 2005
Our Host!