The Wiki is here!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cerulean the Blue, Apr 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Thanks to Ausir, that fabled founder of Co8, we now have our own category on Troikapedia. Yes, that's right, a wiki to host the text of all the commonly modified files and all our tutorials. And we can all modify them when we learn something new or want to reserve numbers or slots.

It is still a work in progress, so don't expect too much for now. And keep in mind I am and admin there, so don't piss me off. ;)

You can find our category here.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

When u get a chance, I am seriously using .pys 275-279 as well, u might wanna reserve them. Some have dlgs. I think maybe a dlg list is a bit redundant - all will have an accompanying .py file, but not visa versa.

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Great job, Cerulean! We definitely needed a Wiki badly since our work is mostly collaborative! I'm sure this is going to be a really big thing very soon. :)

- Agetian

4. Cerulean the Blue

The great thing about a wiki is that everybody can edit it. If you want to reserver the scripts 275-279, you can go to the page and edit it. Wonderful, isn't it.

Perhaps the list of dlg files is redundant. Tell you what, if you want the job of administrating the wiki, I'll have a word with Ausir and set it up.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  5. The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader Established Member

I hope this is strictly true because, as translator, I find every list of modified files very, very useful. I'm not asking it (I realize it would be extremely difficult), but a list of modified *lines* would be greatly appreciated (parsing two 250+ lines .dlg files trying to see the differences is not much fun...)

6. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

This should help everyone keep organized, lots of room to expand!!!

7. Shiningted

The important thing is, you can handle constructive criticism designed to reduce your workload.

8. Cerulean the Blue

Reduce my workload, how? Seeing as how I've already put the page up.

You seem to be under the impression that I will be keeping these pages up to date. Once again, anybody can edit these pages. I see Allyx has already added a script to the scr page. That is what it is all about. You want to put something in the game, you edit the page to let everybody know you are using those slots.

So, you see, it's not my workload. It's the individual modders who will be keeping this pages up to date. Once the next release is out, I will only be updating those pages to reflect the mods I do.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Indeed, I had to alter the script number (the one I was going to use is now being used for a bag of holding script?) so I thought I'd reserve a number while I was there, and alter my script and protos to match.

10. Shiningted

Nope... but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

<sigh> Ok i will join the Wiki... i was going to anyway ;)

11. Cerulean the Blue

I've updated the wiki with files from 5.0.0.

12. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

I'm glad you like it :). The Troikapedia wiki was getting inactive, so we even thought of closing it down, but then I thought that it might be useful to Circle of Eight folks. If you have any problems with editing the wiki, you can contact me.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@ShiningTed: Hey Ted, can you put a copy of your numerous ToEE modding "How To" instructions from your Blog on that site, or is the wiki to be used for something else?

14. Cerulean the Blue

That is exactly the sort of thing the wiki is for Krunch. I asked Ted to do that many moons ago. Unfortunately, as Ted himself admitted, he is lazy, so somebody is probably going to have to do it for him. It's his idea of reducing my workload.

15. Shiningted

Au contraire, Mr Blue, its not your workload. :p

[Edit] Ok, I signed up, found the page-editing guide and the 'upload a file' thing, but how in heck do you simply start a new page?

A whole new syntax to learn... great :yawn:

Last edited: May 27, 2006
Our Host!