The new texture thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Icy edge, Apr 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Here shall be posted all the texture work i do regardless of the type (monster, pc, hair, armor....)
    i'll be posting various versions of armors and monsters and everything else. if anyone wanted to use a re textured item for their mods, i can provide him with the model and texture files. also modders can post requests for specific texture work they are looking for.

to start, the attached files contains three new versions of dragon(ice lizard originally)
    with 2 pics of each version (Crystal Dragon a and b, and Searing Dragon), and a lightning Gargoyle (based on Kapoacinth textures). More coming soon....
    Crystal_Dragon_a.gif Crystal_Dragon_b.gif searing dragon.gif

Kapoacinth_set_1.gif

crits and feedback are welcome, and of course, if anyone would like to add the creatures to their mods, i'd be happy to provide them with the needed files

-Icy edge

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  2. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

right now i'm looking forward to to make a green dragon hatchling's skin but i can't figure out how bright the green skin must exactly be and wether it should look 'fresh mountain green' or 'dark wet swampy green' or so... i've tried a few things but i can't be sure since i don't know how a typical dnd greed dragon looks like.... any thoughts on that?

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The Wrym in question (Draco Chlorinous Nauseous Respiratorus) would be less swampy and more foresty. They make their lairs in caves found in desolate and remote forests. They could be found in the right kind of wetland hardwood, I suppose, but that would more likely be the habitiat of the Black Dragon. The young would probably be several shades of green, and not very bright...so as to not stand out so much. Bright green (in part or in all of the coloring) could be a sign of maturity among the males; females less likely to be so, unless in "season."

Neat thing about this is it's all up to you..the dragon artiste. I hope this helps!

4. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

ok thanks for the info Lord Spike. though the ice lizard model may not perfectly fit to the features of green dragon, i'll try removing the animated glow textures and keep only the normal skin, that should make it look like a dry land dwelling creature.

5. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

dragonwings?

I did a quick re-texture of the skin and removed the glow effects from both body and wings models, but, as you can see, for some reason the body is working while the wings are not. to try to repair that i restored the original wing files with the glow, but it still didn't work... what could the problem be now?
    Green Dragon.gif little green dragon.gif

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

suggestion: Try re-texturing the skin without removing the glow.

7. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

still not working... the glowing needs specific scripts rather than just indication of texture location and it appears i have accidently added or removed something and hence messed everything up. no matter, it's 5:27 am here and the sun is about to rise so i'd better get to sleep if i don't wanna get scroched to death :D . anyway i'll start the whole green dragon thing again from scratch later when i wake up....

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

:vampire:
    :flamed:

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Pastel Dragons?:blush:

10. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Wing Problem fixed. now this sucker looks like a real Dragon

the pics will be divided into 3 posts because of attachment size limitation... there you go
    The Green Dragon.gif

11. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Seriously though, the static pics don't look as half as beautifull as the animated thingie in the game. it looks very fine with the smooth animation.
    The Green Dragon2.gif

12. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

There it is
    The Green Dragon3.gif

if anyone notices something wrong that needs to be changed about the green dragon let me know.

13. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

burnerufus.gif
    Maybe they shouldn't have boasted too much about 'slaying Green Dragons in the Kron Hills...'

2.gif
    "yeah, y' all say drinkin' ale is nonlethal , but let's see how much can you stand GREEN DRAGON PEE :drunk: Fill em' up little guy"

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

When I saw it, my first thought was Psuedodragon [maybe because we need one].

15. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Bloody nice work on the green dragon, it's looking good.:rock: I like the lightning gargoyle too, always nice to see fresh talent. If you're looking for a project you might want to talk to Nerik, He's taken on adding a lot of new and modified creatures to the game, and might apreciate some help with textures.

Cuchulainn.

Our Host!