The co8 patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Woot, Mar 29, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Woot

Woot Member

Hey all. I had a few questions about this patch.

It saw that it added items to the original game. If the official 2.0 patch ever comes out, won't we need to uninstall the co8 patch which would delete the items? Please correct me if it doesn't actually include new items.

I know that the co8 patch fixes bugs/problems that the official 1.0 didn't fix, and that seems like it's definately worth it to install. My question is, does it change the original game in any way from the way Troika has designed it. I want to play the game for it was designed for, and not have a patch change the way it's played. Unless it's fix for a problem.

It's hard to explain, but I just don't want to install co8 if it's a MOD rather than a Fix Pack. I want to play the game according to how it's supposed to be experienced, and then I'll go after Mods and such.

I've read the co8 patch notes but am still a little confused :) If someone could help me sort out my weird view on this please do!

Thanks for reading,
    Woot

2. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

good point, alot of the original dnd rules were INENTIONALLY changed before implementation into the game, chaning it back to the real rules will unbalance or change the game, there should definatly be a fix only patch, and then one that adds, etc...

Our Host!