The Battle with Hedrack- spoilers

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Great Snook, Feb 1, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

So I have finally made it this far into the game. In my first try I killed the majority of his minions before taking him on. Needless to say, I was surprised when he summoned Iuz. However, when he showed up combat stopped. I hit C to restart combat and Iuz was basically untouchable to me. I hit some bad luck and he criitical hit my best warrior and wasted him. I then spent a round running for dear life as I figured if he could pound my warrior into sand, who knows what he would have done to my ranger. Then St. Cuthbert comes, they argue and my warrior gets resurrected, I kill the zombies and Hedrack and all is good. That is until, I check out the experience earned and my poor resurrected warrior didn't get any. Well that didn't strike me as being fair, so I figured I would try again. Of course this time my warrior got a critical hit on Hedrack and killed him before he could summon Iuz.

My question is, should I try a third time or just continue with the game? Will I be missing out on something later if I don't have the interplay with the Gods? I might replay it later on for fun, as it was a good battle, but the elemental planes are calling to me and I hate to miss something.

2. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

As far as I know, there is no major gameplay events you are missing out on if you do not see St. Cuthbert and Iuz. All I DO know is that the one time (even at high levels with the best equipment I get raped) I got to see St. Cuthbert show up, the dialog never fired. Of course, this was about a year and a half ago before a lot of the newest features came out, but still...

3. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

Just keep going, you arent missing anything other than the good fight with Iuz. Enjoy the nodes.

Our Host!