The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Just downloaded it and testing now.
    A small recommendation: remove all .BAK files from the final installation package ;))) There are literally tons of them in the "meshes" folder, haven't checked the other folders, but the "meshes" one was pretty bad (as far as the number of .BAKs goes). Sorry, I don't mean to be critical, just testing stuff.. ;)

- Agetian

2. Agetian

Re: Reservation List for Adding to 4.1.0

CRITICAL: The game hangs when running the current package of 5.0.0 when creating a new character and choosing a portrait. Looks like it has to do with the default portrait file that is chosen. Maybe change the default portrait pack file to something else, less drastic? (If I'm right about the nature of the hangup of course)

UPDATE: The "Original File" portrait pack hangs as well (I tried switching the portrait packs to the Original File, it was no go).

FURTHER UPDATE: Well, two portrait packs don't hang the game upon character creation but they don't show any reasonable portraits since they are not suitable for char. creation (the 'all portraits' and 'play file', I believe). The Original File hangs the game.

- Agetian

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  3. Agetian

Re: Reservation List for Adding to 4.1.0

Another thing that I'm not sure about: just tried casting a lvl 6 spell Tenser's Transformation. The spell did nothing?.. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a bug. I just gave myself enough XP to cast it, then chose it, rested, and cast. No effect?..

ANOTHER WEIRD THING: I tried doing the "from co8 import *" thingie, the console reported an error. It says "Traceback..... File "scr\co8.py", line 7, in ?". It looks like it doesn't like the 'from batch import *' line (#7), but I'm not sure why that would be the case.

- Agetian

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

Well its finally here.

Download the installer for Co8 5.0.0 beta1 "Egyptian Whore" here.
    Keep in mind folks this is a beta release, so there a going to be bugs.

The two files below address the two of the problems Agetian has found so far: The hang on portrait selection when creating a character, and an error in batch.py.

The hang on portrait selection was caused by the portrait.mes entry for the Kobold portraits. I have no idea why. Until we can figure it out, the kobolds will have no portraits. I also apparently left out the familiar's portraits and Pishella's portraits. They are included with the fix.

NOTE: 5.0.0 does not include the Portrait & Voice Packs. They must be downloaded and installed separately.

The batch.py problem was some faulty code I installed in it at the last minute.

Here are the Cumulative Fixes for all bugs fixed so far. As usual, unzip it into your ToEE root directory (with 5.0.0 as your active module if you are using ToEEFE).

In the Cumulative Fixes thus far:

- The hang on portrait selection in character creation.

- The batch.py issue. [EDIT] The "alldie()" script has been improved to now leave corpses and not effect party members, and a new script, "speedup()", has been added to increase the parties running speed to aid in running all over Hommlet doing those beginning quests. It does not effect character speed in battle.

- Ronald channeling negative energy, a correction to his dex, and a fix to his script..

- Jade Empress: not starting dialog at her first line when she has not talked to the party before, and her starting her beginning dialog on loading a save on the Shop Map" bug has been fixed (?); She should no longer be killable by the AllDie() script, the All Die spell, or the Sword of Cahoem.

- The new spells now will show up correctly in the scribing window and will be craftable.

- All Extraplanar Chest fixes, including: the two files that were left out for the note in the Extraplanar Chest (you should now be able to read the note); The never ending spell fix; the chest not working correctly across multiple saved games: The extra chest upon first casting.

- Crafting Fixes: Amulets of Natural Armor have been fixed to be craftable; files that were in the wrong folder have been moved to the correct ones; rufnredde's Crafting_Descriptions fix;

- The DH slow-spawn issues has been fixed, and the Moathouse respawn has been moved to later in the game.

- The sectoring for the Scrub Road map has been re-added.

- A sound file and dialog fix for Drunk Elmo has been added.

- The Ambush: the debate is over (for now) and the "new" Ambush has been implemented.

- Hedrack/Iuz/Cuthbert/High Priest Fix (by Cerulean the Blue). This should fix the "no or broken dialog" issues with that battle, and Iuz reanimating fallen party members as zombies. It should also fix the problem of Hedrack not recognizing the correct High Priest who took you to meet him. The problem with combat iniating before the dialog starts has been fixed, and now all dialogs should function as intended. The Cuthbert/Iuz dialog is still a bit touchy, but works most of the time in testing. Updated 6/24/06.

- Spell Fixes: Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound will now disappear at the appropriate time; Raise Dead and Reincarnation spells now end; All Elemental Gem Summonings have been changed (hopefully they will work correctly now); taking your familiar out of your pack now places the familiar at it's masters location, rather than one specified by the player.

- All gnolls should now have leather armor.

- The release notes have been edited.

- Shiningteds spelling and grammar fixes.

- Protos changes: the Drow Leader has been adjusted as per Kalshane's suggestions (per Ted), and Cujo's gun now has limited charges (per Cujo); Darley and the Assassin have been adjusted per Kalshane; the Rod of Smiting is now a light weapon; increased walking speeds for the Galeb Duhr and ghouls.

-The momentary nakedness of the enemies at the Broken Tower should be fixed now.

- The hard coded information in the MOB of the Behemoth King Frog has been cleared. This may resolve the issue of it's bite not delivering poison. * It poisoned my bard.

- Shingingted's Bat Fix.

- Kalshane's Kobold Fixes (including a reduction of the Kobold Sergeant's CR)

- Combat starting immediately upon entering Senshock's chamber when the temple is not on alert has been fixed (?).

- Goblins in random encounters attacking everything in sight has been fixed (?).

- Allyx's Verbobonc Cumulative Fixes.

- The portraits for the Drow and the Dragons has been added.

- The Thorned Chain of Love should now show up as a Radiant Spiked Chain before being identified.

- Allyx's Merchants and Rufus Fix.

- Cerulean's Fix for Earth Temple Guards and Fighters preferring their daggers over other weapons.

- MOBed in factions for the Temple Gnolls that did not have factions MOBed in. This should take care of the problem with some Gnolls being picked on by other Temple residents.

- Fixed the Dire Bear portrait problem (that really works this time) and Scorpp and his pet not getting along.

- Cuchulainn's new opening menu.

- rufnredde's giv-dir-fix.

- A little something Spike asked me to do.

- Gaear's Balor Guardian sound files fix.

- My Vrock Spore Fix. They should now work as originally intended by Troika.

- Faction Fix for Summoned Quasits and the Guardian Demon Companions.

- The Hezrou Stench effect has been tentatively fixed. This still needs further testing and feedback.

- ShiningTed's updates to Ronald the Cleric, as well as two new weapons (console only) and their masterwork counterparts, as detailed in another thread.

- Kalshane's Darley and Assassin rework.

- Gaear's latest Dialog Fixes (as of 6/24/06).

- Rufnredde's Goblin-Gone fix.

- VirtualSpACEman's new Cloak of Elvenkind mesh (INLUDED AGAIN - Hopefully it is fixed now).

- If you kill the Witch in the Gnarley Forest you no longer get the reward, just the XP.

- FredSRichardson's fix for the XP loss when having Jaroo fix spell permanency

- A new testing tool, Cerulean's Rod, has been added. It wraps up my previous testing tools, and the All Die script, into one item.

- Cerulean the Blue's Friendly Parting Fix. NPCs should no longer go hostile when disbanded (unless they are suposed to).

- Shiningted's Naked Drow Fix, and a change to when the Moathouse respawns (this should work now).

- Shiningted's Witch Dialog Fix.

- Shiningted's Gnarley Forest Fix.

- Shiningted's Masterwork Items Fix.

- rufnredde's Orc Cave Prespawn and the latest patch for it.

- Agetian's Sorted Sector Files (fixed version).

- Some added unidentified description entries for magic items in the game that didn't have them.

- A small fix for something I did with the random encounters.

- A temporary fix for the Clear the Moathouse Quest (until Zeb gets his up and running for a later release). Terjon still gives the quest to parties of NG, LG, LN, TN, CN, and LE alignments, but now he will complete the quest for all of those alignments (previously it was only for LN and NE). Jaroo still give the quest to and completes it for TN.

- Allyx's fix for the Wooden Tower Shield and Kukri/Siangham.

- Allyx's Verbobonc KOS Fix. Note: Follow the instructions in the Verbobonc Fix README when applying this, or strange things will happen in Verbobonc.

NOTE: If you are using the Portrait & Voice Packs, you must re-select your portrait pack after installing the Cumulative Fixes.

NOTE: You should always delete the .pyc files in your data\scr folder after (or before) installing the Cumulative Fixes

You can download the Cumulative Fixes here. Last updated on July 5, 8:09 AM GMT.

[EDIT] The final version of the Cumulative Fixes can be found below. There will be no further updates to the CF pending the release of Co8 5.0.0 final.

Cumulative Fixes-Final.rar

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  5. Cerulean the Blue

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

Oh, I forgot to mention this. 5.0.0 is compatible with the Voice and Portrait Packs. Just use "all portraits" instead of "Play File" when changing the portrait pack. If you install the portrait fix after the V&P Packs, you can use the "Play File" or "all portraits". They will both be compatible.

Oh, and the batch.py fix may also fix the Tenser's Transformation issue Agetian reported.

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

To all users of Co8 4.0.0 & ToEEFE: You should deactivate the current module before you install Co8 5.0.0.

For anyone testing this new release: Please check if the installer options work, i.e. do NPCs level up automatically if you leave the "NPCs level up like PCs" option unchecked? Do you get fog if you don't choose the "No Fog" option? Etc.

7. Cerulean the Blue

One more note:

5.0.0 WILL NOT WORK WITH OLD SAVED GAMES. ToEE will claim that the saved games are corrupted and will not load them. There is no way around this. You must start a new game to play 5.0.0.

You can import your custom generated starting characters, however. Just open the modules folder, then whatever module you were using them in, and then the players folder (i.e. if you were playing 4.0.0, the path would be modules\Co8-4.0.0\players). Copy all the files there, and paste them in modules\Co8-5.0.0\players. When you start a new game they will be there. Remember if you were using custom portraits with them, you will need to install those in 5.0.0 as well.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Here's something odd I found, the portraits & voice pack seems to be all screwed up. I can't select any new voices (they don't display), and half (or more) of the portraits don't display either, further investigations indicate that quite a number of the pitures appear to have been renamed, while the .ppf files haven't been updated.

[EDIT] I unzipped the portrait and voice pack into the correct folder and used the fix cerulean posted above.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well done Morpheus and Blue :)

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Super work guys. Installs fine and loads fine (with patches applied).

Bughunting now.

Minor dialogue bug:

Jade Empress opens dialogue with a "hello again" line even before you've met her for the first time.

11. Libri

Libri Member

CTD to report

Created a 5 character party. One character was halfling thief. Assigned the stereotypical halfling rogue portrait. (smiling, red hood, dagger). Portrait OK in assignable character menu. When I added him to party, portrait in bottom left area was a big blue question mark. I shrugged, proceeded on. His portrait was not in the normal menu, no character on map, so I said OK, I'll go with a 4 PC party. Everything went well, shop map fine, intro fine (true neutral vignette), talked to Kent, he giggled, said his bit. Talked to Jaroo, everything OK. Then went to Welcome Wench, CTD. Unable to retest cause I had to go to work. Will check again in about 12 hours time.

Other than this, new mod looking good.

Used installer and Cerulean's two bug fixes.

12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  13. Allyx

Heh, yeah I found him. Haven't played much with him yet though, the first bit of dialogue is good, but I thought there were accompanying voice files for all his lines?

[EDIT] Is the fact that he casts spontaneous "inflict" spells and (I assume) rubukes undead intentional? I thought St Cuthbert was a neutral good who favours good over evil?

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  14. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

St. Cuthbert is Lawful Neutral, but only takes Lawful Good, Neutral Good and Lawful Neutral followers. All clerics of St. Cuthbert should cast cure spells and turn rather than rebuke undead.

15. Allyx

I meant Lawful Neutral, but suffered a "senior moment" when I made that edit.

Our Host!