Temple Robes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Basil the Timid, Oct 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

How do they "work"? I have a party that went down to talk to Romag, accepted his quest to kill the snake,

* couldn't find the snake on my map (does it get put on your map?),
    so when I opened the door to the southeast he and ALL of his guards attacked me.

* Would wearing the robes have helped the party?

Also, I wonder if it is a bit disorienting that with the new mods the location of the Tower is gone.

* How would a newbie know to look for the tower?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

You do have to wear the robes of the varies temples for them to work and keep the mobs from attacking you. I also think you can wear some of the other gear that has the temple label on them in the same manner, ie the earth temple rings.

The snake is to the west and north of Romag's room, on the other side of the main temple chest and sacrifice area.

For the tower, there are two other exits from the main outdoor temple area,. One leads to the tower and the other to an empty ruin area.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

IIRC, if you're wearing temple robes, minions of that temple don't aggro at you. Not sure how it is now though. That's how it worked in vanilla.

The snake doesn't end up on your map. He does describe how to get there though. It's in the room next to an ogre and lots of little goblins.

And yes, unfortunately the tower and all references to it (like Mother Screng) seem to be gone. Sadly, that prevents an unexpecting group of weak adventurers from stepping into a battle they can't handle. I think that if we have to trade worldmap spots, I'd rather get rid of Burned Farmhouse since it's not quest-related. IIRC there's also trouble with Lareth taking you to the tower now that it's not on the map (in the dialogue after you free him from Burne I think).

4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I believe the burned farmhouse has also been removed from the world map.

I was thinking that maybe a condition could be set by Rentsch or Wat to provide a key and/or note for the robe chest with instructions to go to the Tower.

Our Host!