Temple map picture

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Chyros, Aug 21, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Chyros

Chyros Member

Hiya guys, new guy here - say, I found out that it's possible to somehow extract map files from the game, as per a map picture of Hommlet floating around. I'd like to get similar files, as high-quality as possible, of the levels of the Temple of Evil (all floors) :) .

I've tried a map editor and a data extractor, but none of them want to even start up on my system. Does anyone have these files, or could anyone who DOES have access to these tools please extract them and post them for me? Thanks! :)

T

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

We have the tools to do the job...

1. Search the forum for ToEEextract drag and drop the ToEE.dat file from the modules/ToEE folder onto ToEEextract.exe, the map files will be in the Art folder that appears in ToEEextract's containing folder.

2. Search for ToEEWB, install it and follow the instructions, then open the 2d maps tab, click the recombine button, direct the program to the map you want and recombine it.

3. Chyros

Chyros Member

Hi Allyx, thanks for the reply! I managed to extract the files, and get ToEEextract working now too (lots of files needed), but I can't run the recombiner because the map files are all in .DAG format, while the recombiner is asking for .JPEG files – what am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

4. Allyx

Ah, you are looking in the wrong folder, there is a folder under modules/ToEE/maps(?) containing a folder for each area, each folder contains a number of jpg files, all are 256x256 pixels. Point the recombine to one of those, the program does the rest.

5. Allyx

If the map files aren't there, they may be in the ToEE 1 2 or 3.dat files in the root folder.

It's been a while and I'm working from memory.

6. Chyros

Chyros Member

No, that worked a treat! Thank you very much for your help kind sir! :)

Our Host!