Temple faction quests in modpack 8?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ossie, May 12, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ossie

Ossie Member

Hi guys, running modpack 8 with patch 8.0.1. I have cleared the first level, including the earth temple. I originally spoke to the earth priest before he went reactive but don't remember any dialogue options for the quests (although maybe I messed this up). Earth temple subsequently went reactive, I cleared the entire level and now on level 2.

Air temple is also reactive (haven't seen the others yet) but he still gives the faction quests, and knows I've killed the earth priest. First air faction quest is recruiting the water temple bugbears: the quest is still given as normal (even though all factions now appear to be reactive) but the bugbears aren't where they are supposed to be. Is this because they have relocated due to being reactive, or some other change in the modpack? Is it now still possible to complete the faction quests (once I find where the bugbears have regrouped), or once the temples have become reactive is this no longer possible? No longer being possible makes sense I guess, but I'm confused about why the quests are still being able to be triggered.

If so, what is the correct pattern now for completing the level 2 faction quests? Cheers

2. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

True to Minsc's "Swords, not words" I went in swords blazing from the top all the way to the bottom, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but what makes you think they are not where they are supposed to be? I was using Gamebanshee/Sorcerer's place guides and I remember that some NPCs were not where the guide said, for instance Kelno, which freaked me out a bit, but then I found him in another room, so I figured the Co8 may have changed locations of some NPC's. I charged with everyone buffed to the teeth into a kitchen that was supposed to be full of enemies according to the guide, only to find a non-aggro cook and her goblin assistant in it...

3. Ossie

Ossie Member

They're not where they are in vanilla, which is also where the quest dialogue still mentions. If they've been moved, that can only be due to the reactive mod, so if they're now grouped with other (presumably aggro) mobs, would appear to be difficult to dialogue them.

But I guess the quest options are still there, so we'll see

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hi Ossie,

IIRC it's still possible to 'complete' the quest - just think what would happen to those bugbears if the Water Temple went reactive while they were still part of it...

Our Host!