Temple+ compatibility

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Sitra Achara, Jan 7, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hey,

as you know Temple+ overrides certain ToEE files, and in particular some of those used in the Co8 mod.

Right now Temple+ does detection of the IWD module and does not apply the Co8 overrides, since they presently contain many content-specific overrides such as strategy.tab, jumppoint.tab, scripts for ToEE NPCs etc. This avoids overriding the newly modded files.

However this hampers some of the fixes made in Temple+, such as many of the spell fixes, and scripts that do file access (such as the extraplanar chest, if it's available in IWD) won't work if left as is. Some Co8 scripts also need to be overridden because they've become redundant (such as the Elixer of Breakfree workaround scripting, which is now properly handled as a breakfree action by the engine/AI in Temple+).

To accommodate IWD with respect to the above, I'm going to split the Co8 overrides into Co8 Infrastructure and Co8 Content, and will apply the former to IWD but not the latter.

In order to maintain compatibility, I would like to ask that the following files do not get modified in the TC, since they'll be overridden by Temple+. (or at least if they do, please let me know so I can integrate into T+)

Code:
    scr\batch.py
    scr\co8.py
    scr\combat_standard_routines.py
    scr\ed.py
    scr\InventoryRespawn.py
    scr\itt.py
    scr\Livonya.py
    scr\PC_START.py
    scr\stench.py
    scr\t.py
    scr\teleport_shortcuts.py
    scr\Ugignadl.py
    scr\utilities.py

scr\py0002black_jay
    scr\py00310livonya3f.py
    scr\py00311livonya9f.py

scr\py32006Trap6_fire_trap.py

mes\stat.mes

rules\materials.mes
    rules\start_equipment.mes
    rules\feat_enum.mes

art\interface\CHAR_UI\0_char_ui.mes

There's also a whole bunch of spell files (.txt and .py) that get overridden, but I assume IWD isn't going to change any of them.

As far as I can tell these haven't been modified relative to the Co8 ToEE module so far, but I'm guessing you may add various utility scripts in the future, so I advise to keep that in mind. Thanks.

Also, on that note, there's a bunch of fixes that were made since the latest Co8 release - I noticed some of them aren't in IWD, so you should probably take care of that. (e.g. the ray spell fixes)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I don't think there is anything exactly like the extraplanar chest in vanilla IWD.

I know there are gems bags, scroll cases, potion cases, and a pseudo-bag of holding, or two, but none of them are bottomless. And the bags of holding have a limitation of what itemd can go in them.

I don't know if the IWD-EE version changed them, but the most common tweak to install is to make all those containers bottomless and to allow anything into the bags of holding.

Those would be nice to have in the Total Conversion that @Allyx is working on

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've not edited any of those files thus far @Sitra Achara and the only spell I've edited was the Acid Spray for the Bombardier Beetles as it was applying damage to those who passed the saving throws instead of those that failed them.
    Where can I find these most recent updates? I thought I had started building the IWD TC mod based upon the most current Co8 NC version.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I don't think there's one central place. You can probably find some in the modding forum, and others are scattered about. There are also some spell script fixes you can take from Temple+, such as accurate targeting for AoE spells (vanilla code neglected the floating point offsets when spawning the spell object, which could result in half a tile worth of discrepancy between the targeting UI graphic and actual effect).

The ray spells fixes can be found here:

http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/weapon-focus-dex-bug-and-fix.11718/#post-139578

5. Allyx

I'd like a nice consolidated 8.1.1 patch to include all the fixes since the last release, and fixing the scrolls that aren't present and/or available for crafting.

I'll search around for the patches in question, but if anyone has a list of post 8.1.0 patches that would be great.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, I've been meaning to do a proper release of that Domains spell mod thing that should have most of the current fixes rolled into it. It's on my to-do list for 'after IWD stuff done'.

Speaking of which, sorry I haven't done that Obscuring Mist thing Al, I have been on the road for work the past several days. I will try to get it done tonight.

7. Allyx

No rush mate, the beta release (+patch 2) has been received well, I still have a few bits to tinker with before it's complete.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey Al,

Well my PC has pretty much packed it in, but that means I may have a shiny faster new one soon. My modding laptop is fine though.

Anyways, I tested Obscuring Mist and can't replicate the problem - it seems the same in the current beta release as in Co8 8.1 and KotB. Sorry.

Our Host!