Sufferagette City quest

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by erkper, Mar 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I picked up this quest to help the Provisioner's wife, but even though I am a friend of the Guild, I can't get anyone at the Guild to talk to me about it. Did I miss something, am I just being dense? The quest is not marked as non-completable, so I'm guessing it can be done.

2. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Is this new content? I've never managed to get her to talk to my characters in v.1.01. and 1.02...

3. biobaba

biobaba Member

though it is mentioned by the person in the market but I dont think you can actually pick it up as quest yet...

EDIT: sorry I probabaly mistaken.... I picked up some info that want to see the provin's wife not getting a request from her.. my bad..

Same thing as the info a bout a priest is using poisoned blade... You know about it but there isnt much you can do about it..

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes it is doable, but NOT if you are a member of the Guild - you've already blown it. Sorry.

I actually have never seen it in action (or not while testing the final Demo release) - I think I set the social skills pre-requisites way too high. I'll fiddle that.

5. erkper

Ah - I see. I wondered if that was the case. I vaguely remember dialog when I became a member asking about favors or somesuch - I am guessing that was where I would ask for them to admit the Provo's wife?

No, don't answer that... I'm starting a new game, I'll just make sure I get the Sufferagette quest before I become a Friend of the Guild and see what happens. :yes:

FWIW, if the quest is not doable after you become a friend of the Guild, maybe you shouldn't be able to get it at that point - or maybe you could get it, but get dialog at the Guild that sets it to Botched. At least that way players would know where they stand.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  6. Shiningted

Well, later on it WILL be doable through a variety of different ways, because later there will be all sorts of quests you can do for the Guild, various merchants to rescue from the Caves and other places and various moments when you can ask for a reward / have some leverage. Atm there is one merchant to rescue and thats it, so much like the 'what should I do with this Spider Silk / what should I do with these eggs?' situation, players have to make choices. I think (as a temporary situation) I like it like that :)

7. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    Here's where I admit to feeling like an idiot. How do you get this quest in the first place ??
    I started a new game, and the first thing I did after getting in the gate, was go talk to the provisioner and his wife. I had my 15 CHA female Bard talk to the wife, and the Wife's reply was something to the effect of "This is a private apartment, if you wish to conduct business, talk to my husband". Since then, every time I have "talked" with her, her only response is "Need More".
    TRC

8. Shiningted

Heh. "Need more". Thats funny.

You get the quest from the Provisioner, not his wife. Its quite a convoluted dialogue tree to get to it and you need to have a Sense Motive of 5.

9. erkper

My choice for the eggs was this: I dropped all but one egg and talked to Flay to complete the quest for him. Then I picked up the rest of the eggs again and went to see the Spider Queen. She didn't seem to notice I was an egg short - and this way, I didn't have to risk a bluff/slight of hand (however you did that) check.

I'm fine with the way it is, I would just wish that we could see something in dialog that would let us know that we can't complete the quest until we have leverage with the Guild.

10. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    This quest is doable. I actually completed it last night. Pay close attention to your dialogue options after you rescue the merchant in the Pine Forest with the Spiders. I actually ended up with the mission accomplished and the "Friend of the Merchant's Guild" reputation.
    On a side note: Ted, shouldn't you get a "Dragonslayer" reputation for completing the "Lizardman vs. Preditor" quest ?
    TRC

11. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Nope.

Ted left that unfinished, as later in the game, there's an assault from the Dragonlance plane, where you've got to bash to death with a rotten fish an army of half-dragons, the fathers of the young black dragon, and their red dragon King who summons the multicolored dragon godess Tiamat.
    Of course, to help you you'll be able to summon a small turtle, and the rotten fish it's vorpal.

Then you'll be able to won the "dragonslayer" reputation :eyebrow:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  12. Shiningted

I knew we were working Half Knight too hard :no:

Yes, you should get the Dragonslayer rep for slaying the dragon, whatever the circumstances.

Our Host!