Stop Modding!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

My mod has gone gold!

In precisely one hour from now I am going to d/l the latest version of Allyx's protos and such, and the latest version of all Cujo's stuff, and add all my moddy stuff to them and do a complete runthrough, in expactation of a release later on tonight or first thing tomorrow. So if anyone is about to add just one more spell / item / whatever, you have one hour to do it!

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Way to go, man! I'm looking forward to playing your mod!

- Agetian

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Wait for me, I just came online and read this thread. I just made my red wizard robes and I'm just tweeking some other stuff, oh well it's to big to upload so I'll just send it to you Ted and let you sort it out like last time.

4. Shiningted

Ummm ok, send it over soon though ;)

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

give me an hour

[edit] or 20min...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  6. Shiningted

SURPRISE! This is taking longer than i thought (mind you it is Sat morning here so I can go all day if needs be).

I was hoping to release last night but there always seemed to be one more thing I had forgotten to tweak. Finally got around to getting all the latest files and they are a MESS people. There is stuff in the protos that is blank (ie it wasnt in the description files) and there is a mass of oriental stuff in the latest description files about 4600 or so that isn't in any protos I have found, and there is stuff like new characters right where I want mine to be (the worst crime of all). I know poeple are putting a lot of effort into this, I just don't want to miss anything!

Bottom line is I will be using Cujo's stuff first and foremost, because he did a few items that are necessary for my mod.

Hope it all works. Flame me if I missed your stuff :flamed: :dead:

EDIT Ok before swapping back to Win98 I had a kwik peek in the updates Cujo sent, he has a protos.tab WITH all that stuff, albeit missing the nameless thing at ummm 4999 (I DO remember someone saying they were putting in some sort of sword there. Sorry bout that chief!) Anyways thats a load off my relief, as we say here.

SOMEONE GIVE THAT DOG A COOKIE!!! :hug:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  7. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

Take your time. Do it right. I don't think people are going to be too upset if it's a little late.

8. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Yeah, it's OK by me if it's delayed a little bit - don't worry about it much, Shiningted - it's better if it takes longer but turns out better in the end. ;)

- Agetian

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Glad to be of service. btw whats this about "albeit missing the nameless thing at ummm 4999"?

10. Shiningted

Having a nightmare here - its screwing up at the sector loading bit, before the maps load though (cache remains empty). <sigh> Something is trying to read something else, and I forgot to put it in... at least the protos loaded!

Cujo, a protos.tab of Allyx's had a thing at 4999 (for memory), which someone had said on here they were putting in, though it wasn't in any description.mes so was nameless in the protos.tab. Don't worry about it, the author can add it soon enough.

11. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Item 4999 is my altered copy of Excalibur which I use for the Paladin Holy Sword spell.

If you are using a version of Allyx' protos.tab make sure it is not the one he altered to conform to my workaround for the paladin/ ranger 3rd and 4th level spells (unless you have my last spell release installed as well.) To check you can check the first spell column of item 8007 (potion of cure serious wounds)If the spell there is listed as just: 'Cure Serious Wounds' class_cleric 3, you are okay. If it is: 'Cure Serious Wounds P4 R4' class_cleric 3 then you have the altered version.

I hope you have the unaltered version and the you don't have my last release installed as I have a less intrusive fix which I am testing right now. Allyx was going to do some testing also but has apparently gone away for the weekend.
    Anyway, I had planned on releasing this weekend but then I saw your post to stop modding. I thought I would wait and use your mod as the base for my new spells.

Darmagon

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the Protos I sent ted is the un-altered version (checked the spell) + tweeking.

13. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Good, very good. Now hopefullly no one (other than Allyx) downloaded and installed my last spell mod before I took it offline.

Darmagon

14. Shiningted

Sheesh! Those last 3 posts almost gave me a heart attack!

Anyways, worked for 14 hours straight yesterday, got it going ok but then discovered a CTD in the final combat!!! In the BEST PART of the final combat!! Haiyoolah!!! :confused:

So I have had to redo it. Less fun, more survivable, but also more internally consistent. If I get the 'problem' working it will be somerhting to add later.

Did a complete run through, all working. Building the zip file now. Couple more hours.

15. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Been waiting to start a new game until this comes out. Looking forward to it. :)

Our Host!