Standard Edition changes. Is there a work around?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by zodwallop, Mar 19, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. zodwallop

zodwallop Member

I downloaded the Standard Edition pack, because I'd like to play ToEE as close to the Troika original as possible, while getting the benefit of the bug fixes and restored content like the brothel in Nulb.

But the standard edition still ads some new content and makes changes that I would like to avoid: The slide show at the beginning which retells the opening cinematic, the new screen before entering Hommlet, starting the game in a 'shop dungeon', a different portrait for Regdar, a different voice for Hennet (I like to use Hennet as my party leader, so I really notice this one), Rufus immediately waiting for you outside the Welcome Wench, the disappearance of the black fog of war...

Is there a version of the patch that has the fixes and restored content, but doesn't make any of these changes? I want to say I downloaded an 0lder version of the patch when I played years back that didn't include any of these changes. Back before GOG was a thing and I was using the boxed version of ToEE. But it has been so long, I could be misremembering.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You could try one of our older mod pack versions, a fair few are available on Mod DB all the way back to v5.5 beta, mods prior to this version may no longer be available.

3. zodwallop

zodwallop Member

Thanks man. I have no idea what version I used previously. I'll start with 7.0 and go from there.

I do greatly appreciate all of the work CO8 have done to support Troika's red-headed stepchild.

Allyx likes this.
Our Host!