[SPOILER] Problem with Egor

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by UncleBuck, May 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Hey All,

This is my first time playing the KotB Demo. Looks fantastic!! My 2nd party (dragon ate the first one, oh the pain!!) is doing well until I get to the Mad Hermit's Tower. I'm unable to answer Egor's riddle correctly. I've done the math several times, and still can't get the correct answer. I believe the answer is 8 gold and 75 copper pieces, but this isn't one of the possible options. I've tried the giving "there is no answer" and my character gets zapped. Same reaction when I try other options.

I'd rather not just destroy Igor, not sure what effect this would have. And I haven't explored the rest of the Tower since I don't want to ruin any surprises or setups relying on this riddle. So can somebody tell me the correct answer??

2. chano

chano Established Member

Re: Problem with Egor

SPOILER BELOW

SPOILER: The answer is 8.75, but you need an intelligent character to get the option.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
  3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

People, we need to more responsibly use spoiler tags when either asking for or giving out spoiler information. This means add
    to your thread title if you're asking, or add
    to the beginning of your post if you're giving. I'm sure Ted didn't write all these quests so that people could easily discover the answers via search and skip the problem solving. Likewise with discovering answers accidentally.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks Gaear.

You may remember, when Egor first asks, he gives you the option of picking an intelligent character to answer. Its a good option to take.

(O and I didn't write this one, Fernando did from memory).

Our Host!