Spoiler Alert: Orb of Golden Death

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Firesprung, Feb 6, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Spoiler Alert:

So I came across the orb of Golden Death after dispatching the Sorcerer on the way from the ruined tower entrance. The “elevator†was activated behind the large thrown in the entrance to the temple near the back. With my Rogue/Wizard ½ Elf, I sported my ring of invisibility, approached and was called out by the elderly woman standing near a jeweled thrown – apparently she is able to see invisibility. While my fighters, healers and other spell caster were far removed while my R/W scouted, she pleaded with me not to steal the jewels from her chair, and to take her platinum pillar instead. I rebuked her, and upon taking the jewels from the thrown her body was obliterated, and Zuggtmoy appeared, proclaimed she was vanquished to the 66 layers of the Abyss, not to return for a duration of time. The closing sequence tells of all the happenings since I liberated the temple, such as high priests of each faction moving on to spread evil another day, Thrommel ACTUALLY becomes a vampire and terrorizes the country side, Nulb is destroyed, etc, etc.

The thing is, all this happens completely by accident. Maybe I should have realized I was closing in on the climax, but I do feel unfulfilled. Would it be worth my while to go back before I descended to Zuggtmoy’s lair? I had only just cleared out the first level of the temple, and just finished off the air temple. I’m hoping there is more to experience, so that if I do go back, it’ll be worth my while.

One more thing – I cannot get my quests to list the moat house as cleared. It is cleared – including the baddies from the Welcome Wench who come snooping for me. What gives?

2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

1) There are many different endings to the game. Go back to before the Zuggtmoy encounter, and try to find one of the other endings. It's definately worth your while. :)

2) Most likely Terjon gave you the quest to clear the moathouse. Go back and talk to him, telling him you cleared it out.

Our Host!