spells

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Nathree_sorceress, Dec 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nathree_sorceress

Nathree_sorceress Member

I've been playing ToEE for some time now, and I still haven't figured out how to do 2 things:

In D&D 3.5 a cleric can change the spells he has prepared into cure spells at will. So how do you do that in this game?

Wizards are supposed to be able to copy spells from scrolls into their spellbook. How is this done in the game?

would one of you whizzs please help me out?

Greetz, Nathree

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Press the Shift key after you when you are accessing spells using the radial menu to convert them to cure spells. Your cleric needs to be of Good alignment or Neutral alignment and having picked cure spells.

As for Wizards, use the Copy Scroll option from the radial menu. There used to be a thread here on this with a nice screenshot I think but it's gone now. :( :p

3. genghiskhen

genghiskhen Member

Since people are so helpful on this site maybe someone can tell me how to take 10 or take 20 on a skill check. I get tired of trying to disarm a trap when I have a 10% chance of succeeding.

Thanks in advance.

4. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Opening Locks outside of combat automatically takes 20 after applying the official patch.
    Disarming Traps has consequences for failure so AFAIK, there's no "take 20" for Disarm Traps.

5. malkav

malkav Member

Taking 10/20

I read somewhere (the readme or official FAQ, I think) there are no options to manually "Take 10" or "Take 20" anywhere in the game. If you can, it does it for you automatically.

6. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

zhuge is correct. You cannot take 10/20 on anything with a consequence for failure. I think you automatically succeed with opening doors/chests out of combat anyway (I checked and was getting DC 0s...)

Our Host!