SpellForce , Interesting RPG/RTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ranth, Mar 8, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Hello all,

Its been a while. How you are all well. I had a couple days so I decided to pick up a new, old, game :) I picked up Spell Force 2. It is pretty interesting. You create a character and go on an adventure RPG style with your brother and sister (melee and healer/mage). What is interesting is that while it can be a behind the back third person RPG, it can also be isometric viewpoint like ToEE. What is even more interesting is that it is it is also an RTS like Warcraft 3. Thats right, you adventure a bit, someone tells you to build a town, you spend 5 minutes building a armory and an army, then you head out into the world and take down baddies. I have only played the side of good, but you can build armies of humans, dwarfs, and elves. I am assuming the dark side is orcs, undead, and skeletons but not sure.

I think the game is better than the following video shows, but it gives some perspective on the views. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzdlNLqkmS8

Also, it is on sale today on Steam.

2. kio11

kio11 Established Member

i played the first game for a while a few years ago. was really an amazing game for its time. nice cozy buildings and nature, day/night cycle. the campaign makes you build up your hero in several branches of skills about combat. it can be fun and addicting. i didnt play the second game as it was too slow on my pc and there was something i didnt like about it. in the first game also the bad guys were orcs and trolls but i forgot the third race. or maybe it was goblins not orcs. but trolls were the best race next to dwarves as i remember. really nice game if you can take the long walks.

Our Host!