Senshock in Verbobonc

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Chad878262, Feb 7, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

So I encountered an issue with Senshock, not sure if this is known. I did a search and in the Co8 walkthrough it states talking to Senshock with a Paladin forces you in to a fight with him and two assistants. However, what it doesn't tell you is that killing the 2 assistants causes your Paladin to fall and causes the Verbobonc guards to attack you on site. Not sure if this is similar to the issue with Spruce Goose going hostile if you knock out Gunter (i.e. the assistants faction is Verbo, while Senshock's faction remains Temple?) Anyway, I got around it by killing senshock, looting his body while in combat and then fleeing out the door. Figure I don't need to go back in there anyway.
    thanks,

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Chad878262, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've updated the walkthrough (and included your workaround) accordingly. I had actually reported that bug in the past. I guess that I was hoping that it would have been fixed soon thereafter. Nice thinking on your toes there, by the way. The only way that I managed to get around the problem was to have another PC (who wasn't a paladin) talk to Senshock instead.

3. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

Thanks Gazra_1971. I found another issue or difference while doing the 'What lies beneath'quest line. I took the night time torch lighter(forget his name, starts with an R) into custody add he admitted to the murders. Had 3 pieces of evidence Eben before finding Panatheas, but could not complete the quest until capturing him. Also I did not need to find the children. The in game details make it seem like you need 2 open spots for the children buti got the full reward and was told the children escaped on their own. Although I did need the 2 spots in order to capture both the kidnapper and the loon. Thanks again!

Our Host!