runtime error problem...help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rickenbacker, Jun 14, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker Established Member

Writing on behalf of my friend who was playing for several days just fine when suddenly today, they got a runtime error message. Checked this site & tried fixing something called "CureRom" w. no luck,

Any suggestions? =/ Thanks!

* edit- Update *

Ok- it's working again. They installed the Co8 mod pack & voila.
    But just for future ref', is there a reason that happens in the 1st place? Any way to prevent it? Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I think you wil find it is 'Secure.Rom", which is the anti-piracy element of the game. Its faulty - I have the CD, and often have to restart my laptop to get the game to run. One of the reasons why people might legitimately need the crack.

3. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker Established Member

Having thrown my hands up in the air & more or less given up, I went ahead & bought a new game. 2 new discs. Tried to install & Nothing. VERY maddening, But... at least now I've eliminated the idea of the problem being the discs.

It's *Def' my laptop. (I used to be able to play it w. just the Play disc no troubles at all)
    A setting of some sort has changed since last playing it(?) .. Something somewhere has gone corrupt(?)... I just don't know *where* to look for *that* kinda problem though.

In recent weeks, I *was* hit w/ a virus (though I'm pretty sure I've since gotten rid of em)
    But in their wake, I think something inside is still 'wonky'. =/

Any suggestions?

Our Host!