Return to the Tomb of Horrors Total Conversion

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by OgreBattle, Oct 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. OgreBattle

OgreBattle God of Rhye

Hi all! I haven't been on here in a few years... so I'll attempt to be brief... I have been working on the script for the Return to the Tomb of Horrors Total Conversion for a long time, and finally, I am ready to make real progress. I have completed the 1st draft of the script and I will begin storyboarding shortly. I have incoporated the modules of the Tomb of Horrors 3.5e, Prisoner of the Castle Perilous 3.5e, as well as inclusion of the original Return to the Tomb of Horrors, the Undertomb and Acererak's Libram from Dragon Magazine, updating them to 3.5e, and other pertinent materials I have collected the past few years. Since I am retired now, no more procrastination! I have spent a great deal of time making sure continuity is preserved between each resource, so hopefully it will all make sense and be ultimately playable. I will be needing help on the modeling and artwork, so I will be asking a lot of questions as time goes on. Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

Joan likes this.
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yay! As you can see there seems to be new models coming out every day, so ask away :)

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Interesting. Sounds like an epic project. Do you have any prior experience with coding etc?

4. OgreBattle

OgreBattle God of Rhye

Hello again, the script is now finished along with the collected illustrations, creature descriptions, maps, and referenced excerpts from the published 3.5e works. It is a massive 322 pages long and incorporates Tomb of Horrors 3.5e, Return to the Tomb of Horrors (updated to 3.5e from 2e), Prisoner of the Castle Perilous 3.5e, and the Undertomb aggregated from Dragon Magazine and the Tomb of Horrors 4e (downgraded to 3.5e). This will be my magnum opus of sorts, and I would like to hear some serious discussion about making this a reality with Co8's blessing and collaboration. My skill set does not include any form of artistry or animation experience, but I have an incredible collection of sound effects and audio tools at my disposal. I am in the process of learning Python and some coding, albeit slowly. I would like to hear from the Co8 core members on this potential project. Those that want to see the script (specify either MS Word/Works or Open Office) please PM me with an email address and I will send it off for scrutiny. Thanks.

Joan likes this.
  5. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

"Hey, wait a minute ... I thought you said this was a Tomb of Whores." (Last words of Drogo Scattershot)

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Ogre,

your project sounds very interesting, and I would personally love to play ToH on the ToEE engine. But you can't just spring up something of that order of magnitude and expect to get anywhere.

If you are serious (and it looks like you are), I suggest you work your way into the fold. Start small - contribute a little script or enhancement, dialogue, or anything else your talents allow, and go from there. That's what I and most (if not all) of the others did. If you are persistent and very patient, who knows...

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Obviously with KotB to worry about I can only really offer moral support, but ask any questions you have by all means,.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

OK, is Shiningted another name for a teddy bear that reflects light, or is it slang for when you polish your favorite sword you named Theodore?

You did say ANY questions. :p

Our Host!