[REQ] modified Inflict Wound spells

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Aeroldoth, Sep 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

I want to change how the inflict spells work. I wanted to try and do it myself, but after spending a whole lot of time (hours) just figuring out what file I had to open and how to open it, I then saw that there's a whole lot of scripting in the spells. I think it would take me a huge amount of time to implement something that someone else here may be able to do in five minutes. So, naturally, I thought I'd ask. :D

What I want I think is fairly simple. I want the inflict spells to be vampiric, healing the caster of the amount inflicted. Is this easy to do? If not, can someone give me some info on how to go about doing it?

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

As long as there is a basis for this spell in the rules, I think you'll find people willing to help so it can be added to the game. If this is beyond the rules, you may find assistance, but don't count on it being included in something offered by Co8. Modding to enhance quality is what this place is all about, not just things people want for the sake of wanting. If it's rules compliant, go for it.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

check out this tread for some more info.

on a side note does the sword of life stealing work?

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The Sword of Life Stealing does work, but it has a bug. The level drain aspect of it instantly kills any creature without class levels.

As for modding the Inflict Spells to heal the caster as well, it could be easily done. But there is already a Vampiric Touch spell that does something similar, and I don't really want to set a precedent of doing a one off mod for someone that will never make it into a release. I would be glad to teach you how to do it yourself though. Catch me on the IRC channel sometime and I will do just that (you can access the IRC channel with the Chat button in the menu at the top of this and any page in the forum).

Our Host!